No announcement yet.

2011 MLB Regular Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was excited, up to the bottom of the ninth. Then I went into Rage Guy mode and shouted a phrase that's reserved for the meme thread.

Great, another year of the same old shit. Where's my drink?
    "I haven't got a carbon footprint. I drive everywhere!"
    ---JC

?We three kings of Orient are, one in a Vauxhall, two in sports cars...?
    ---JM

Comment

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...me-opener.html
      Last edited by hemoh; April 1st, 2011, 11:13 PM.
      ---JC

---JM

Comment

^Geez, WTF.

OT: Can't complain with the season opening game! Looking forward to a new season.
        "That said, I believe going forward that the world is going to be full of these nasty, difficult, unclear conflicts that are going to be energized by poverty, by stateless borders, and by the proliferation of state-like weapons in the hands of organizations that are not in and of themselves states. Typically in the past, these kinds of weapons could only be afforded by states, by countries. Now they will be used on battlefields by rebels, by rogue organizations, even by criminal gangs." - General James F. Amos, the 35th Commandant of the United States Marine Corps

Comment

Don't fuck with Buck!

Guthrie's pitching tonight was much more than I expected out of him.
          Look, it's a stignature.

Comment

Not the way I wanted to start the season....but Adrian sure looked good.
            "I'm not always on the internet, but when I am, I prefer finalgear.com forums."

Comment

Originally posted by beeemdubau View Post

Don't fuck with Buck!

Guthrie's pitching tonight was much more than I expected out of him.
              God, I love that logo.

Impressive performance, but I still have no idea just how good/bad the Rays are.

Awesome finishes all around the league today.
              Last edited by teletubby-warrior; April 2nd, 2011, 3:38 AM.
              '10,'11,'12 FG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Comment

W

The hitting is still inconsistent, but there were a lot of positives today. The bullpen, in particular, was lights-out.

Comment

The Rangers are on fire!

I'm watching Game 6 of the '03 NLCS on MLB Network..... this is going to be painful, but I can't look away.

Comment

This can't last long, so I have to say it while I still can:
                    FIRST PLACE IN THE AL EAST, BITCHES!

There. That felt good.
                    Look, it's a stignature.

Comment

0-3!! Worst team in the majors! And there's still 159 games of utter futility to go!
                      ---JC

---JM

Comment

Just wanted to say that the MLB.tv app for iPhone is friggin amazing.
                        "Basically, the excruciating pain you feel when you sink a knife into your thumb, a lot of the pain comes from the knowledge that you're really an idiot." -- Anthony Bourdain

Comment

W

Cubs win again in front of one of the smallest home crowds I've ever seen at Wrigley. Yesterday's attendance of ~26k was the lowest total since 2002, and today's game looked no better.

- Cashner was pitching beautifully in his first MLB start before leaving with "tightness" in his shoulder... he's undergoing an MRI today; I hope he's fine.
                          - Castro is a simply a beast.
                          - Cubs are over .500 for the first time since.... 2009?

Baby steps.

BTW, did anyone catch any of MLBN new shows? The talk show thing seemed a little forced, but Millar and Rose seem to be a good together.
                          Last edited by teletubby-warrior; April 5th, 2011, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by teletubby-warrior View Post
                            W

Cubs win again in front of one of the smallest home crowds I've ever seen at Wrigley. Yesterday's attendance of ~26k was the lowest total since 2002, and today's game looked no better.

- Cashner was pitching beautifully in his first MLB start before leaving with "tightness" in his shoulder... he's undergoing an MRI today; I hope he's fine.
                            - Castro is a simply a beast.
                            - Cubs are over .500 for the first time since.... 2009?

Baby steps.

BTW, did anyone catch any of MLBN new shows? The talk show thing seemed a little forced, but Millar and Rose seem to be a good together.
                            Good series so far, minus Cashner's shoulder and Pena's thumb. Hopefully both are ok. Let's sweep em!

Castro is my hero

Yes, I watched the talk show (Intentional Talk.....clever name, lol). Seems alright. How often is it going to be on?
                            Last edited by jeffy777; April 6th, 2011, 6:34 AM.
                            A man named Jeffy once said, "If laziness is craziness, then I've lost my marbles...and I don't feel like trying to find them."

Comment

John Farrell! You have to come back!

Comment

Originally posted by Clockwerk View Post
                                John Farrell! You have to come back!

Oh please, as if there are actually Bosox fans out there that actually think that they won't make the playoffs. The hitting will come around and the pitching will be fine.
                                "Basically, the excruciating pain you feel when you sink a knife into your thumb, a lot of the pain comes from the knowledge that you're really an idiot." -- Anthony Bourdain

Comment

Originally posted by Koenig View Post
                                  Oh please, as if there are actually Bosox fans out there that actually think that they won't make the playoffs. The hitting will come around and the pitching will be fine.
                                  I always fear the possibility of missing the playoffs or getting to the playoffs and losing in spectacular fashion...2004 and 2007 have done nothing to quell my perpetual fear of Red Sox failure .

Comment

A lot of broken ankles in the Baltimore Metro Area tonight as people rush to jump off of the O's bandwagon after their first defeat. This is just Standard Operating Procedure, actually.
                                    Look, it's a stignature.

Comment

Originally posted by Clockwerk View Post
                                      I always fear the possibility of missing the playoffs or getting to the playoffs and losing in spectacular fashion...2004 and 2007 have done nothing to quell my perpetual fear of Red Sox failure .
                                      .... shaddup.

Cashner and Wells both to the DL.

Comment

Mariners are back to effectively delivering suck in the form of baseball.
                                        If only I could be PhuckingGoose

Comment

Sox are 0-6...

Comment

Working...
                                          X