2011 MLB Regular Season

I was excited, up to the bottom of the ninth. Then I went into Rage Guy mode and shouted a phrase that's reserved for the meme thread.

Great, another year of the same old shit. Where's my drink?

:no:

As police searched for a group of Dodgers fans who allegedly beat a Giants fan, officials said about 25 people were arrested for various infractions during Thursday's opening day festivities at Dodger Stadium.

Los Angeles Police Department Sgt. Sanford Rosenberg said most of the 25 arrests were related to intoxication due to the consumption of too much alcohol. The number of overall arrests was markedly down from last year?s opening day, when 132 arrests were made.

Because Dodgers opening day is known for its heavy drinking, rowdy crowds, the LAPD was out in full force at Thursday?s game to try to avoid a repeat of unruly behavior of past years.

The most serious incident occurred after the game when a Giants fan was beaten.

"The man suffered a serious head injury during the assault after the game,'' said LAPD Sgt. Sanford Rosenberg, watch commander at the Northeast Station.

Rosenberg said the victim was one of three Giants fans attacked in the parking lot around the end of the game by two unidentified men wearing Dodgers clothing.

The unprovoked attack occurred about 8:30 p.m. in Parking Lot 2 when two men in Dodgers clothing approached three victims in Giants apparel, police said.

The two men then attacked the trio, kicking and punching them and shouting expletives about the Giants as they delivered the blows, Rosenberg said. The attack left one victim hospitalized in critical but stable condition, Rosenberg said.

The LAPD arrested at least two people for public intoxication in the parking lot compared with more than 130 on opening day last year.

Detectives ask anyone with information on the attack to call the LAPD's Northeast Station at (213) 485-2563.

Public intoxication has been an issue at Dodger home openers in the past, leading to police crackdowns. It's unclear if drinking was a factor in this case. The Dodgers beat the Giants 2-1.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/04/giants-fan-seriously-beaten-25-people-arrested-at-dodgers-home-opener.html

Last edited:
^Geez, WTF.

OT: Can't complain with the season opening game! Looking forward to a new season. :)

KWIay.gif

Don't fuck with Buck! :D:D:D

Guthrie's pitching tonight was much more than I expected out of him.

Not the way I wanted to start the season....but Adrian sure looked good.

KWIay.gif

Don't fuck with Buck!

Guthrie's pitching tonight was much more than I expected out of him.
God, I love that logo.

Impressive performance, but I still have no idea just how good/bad the Rays are.

Awesome finishes all around the league today. :D

Last edited:
W

The hitting is still inconsistent, but there were a lot of positives today. The bullpen, in particular, was lights-out. :)

The Rangers are on fire!

I'm watching Game 6 of the '03 NLCS on MLB Network..... this is going to be painful, but I can't look away.

This can't last long, so I have to say it while I still can:
FIRST PLACE IN THE AL EAST, BITCHES! :p

There. That felt good. :D

0-3!! Worst team in the majors! And there's still 159 games of utter futility to go!

Just wanted to say that the MLB.tv app for iPhone is friggin amazing.

W

Cubs win again in front of one of the smallest home crowds I've ever seen at Wrigley. Yesterday's attendance of ~26k was the lowest total since 2002, and today's game looked no better.

- Cashner was pitching beautifully in his first MLB start before leaving with "tightness" in his shoulder... he's undergoing an MRI today; I hope he's fine.
- Castro is a simply a beast.
- Cubs are over .500 for the first time since.... 2009?

Baby steps. :p

BTW, did anyone catch any of MLBN new shows? The talk show thing seemed a little forced, but Millar and Rose seem to be a good together.

Last edited:
W

Cubs win again in front of one of the smallest home crowds I've ever seen at Wrigley. Yesterday's attendance of ~26k was the lowest total since 2002, and today's game looked no better.

- Cashner was pitching beautifully in his first MLB start before leaving with "tightness" in his shoulder... he's undergoing an MRI today; I hope he's fine.
- Castro is a simply a beast.
- Cubs are over .500 for the first time since.... 2009?

Baby steps. :p

BTW, did anyone catch any of MLBN new shows? The talk show thing seemed a little forced, but Millar and Rose seem to be a good together.

Good series so far, minus Cashner's shoulder and Pena's thumb. Hopefully both are ok. Let's sweep em!

Castro is my hero :)

Yes, I watched the talk show (Intentional Talk.....clever name, lol). Seems alright. How often is it going to be on?

Last edited:
John Farrell! You have to come back!

21-we-have-to-go-back.jpg

John Farrell! You have to come back!

21-we-have-to-go-back.jpg

Oh please, as if there are actually Bosox fans out there that actually think that they won't make the playoffs. The hitting will come around and the pitching will be fine.

Oh please, as if there are actually Bosox fans out there that actually think that they won't make the playoffs. The hitting will come around and the pitching will be fine.

I always fear the possibility of missing the playoffs or getting to the playoffs and losing in spectacular fashion...2004 and 2007 have done nothing to quell my perpetual fear of Red Sox failure :p.

A lot of broken ankles in the Baltimore Metro Area tonight as people rush to jump off of the O's bandwagon after their first defeat. This is just Standard Operating Procedure, actually. :p

I always fear the possibility of missing the playoffs or getting to the playoffs and losing in spectacular fashion...2004 and 2007 have done nothing to quell my perpetual fear of Red Sox failure :p.
.... shaddup. :p

Cashner and Wells both to the DL. :|