2011 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sik Pony View Post
    the pens are fine, its just that Tampa showed up tonight.
    To your credit, you played well in Game 1 and better in Game 2. We played like absolute shit yesterday. If we had played our style of hockey, you wouldn't have taken a 3-0 lead in the first. The way we were playing, we couldn't have done better than Adams' lone goal if the entire game had been a 5-on-3 for us.
    2013 Dodge Dart 1.4T Limited 6spd First car! 12/2012 -
    2013 FIAT 500 Pop Second/Girlfriend's Car! 03/2014 -
    2003 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab 10/2016 -

Comment

Originally posted by PelicanHazard View Post
      To your credit, you played well in Game 1 and better in Game 2. We played like absolute shit yesterday. If we had played our style of hockey, you wouldn't have taken a 3-0 lead in the first. The way we were playing, we couldn't have done better than Adams' lone goal if the entire game had been a 5-on-3 for us.
      i missed the first so i had to rely on crazy people to explain what happened

Comment

Tampa really need Stammer to step up and do anything, even if it's a shot on goal. Ever since he got rocked on his first shift he's been timid. Tampa will struggle in the long run unless their top scorer shakes off his jitters.

On a side note I gambled by picking up Neuvirth in my Fantasy league and OH BOY has it paid off!

Comment

Phoenix is done, but we knew that anyway. 4-0 at the 4-minute mark in the 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck View Post
            Ever since he got rocked on his first shift he's been timid.
            Orpik has that effect on people. He scares half of Pens fans out.

It's looking more likely that the Caps and Habs advance. Assuming both Pennsylvania teams don't crap themselves, a Pens-Habs rematch would be enticing.

Comment

Just watched Buf-Phi...what the crap kind of game was that?
              When you say that we're all assholes,
              Guess it'd be useless to deny
              I'm just saying, you're the reason why

Comment

Originally posted by racingfan1 View Post
                Phoenix is done, but we knew that anyway. 4-0 at the 4-minute mark in the 2nd.
                I am not counting them out just yet.

Signed

Red Wings fan
                "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

"No man's life, liberty or happiness are safe while Congress is in session,"- Mark Twain

Comment

Bobby Ryan suspended for games 3 and 4 of the Anaheim/Nashville series.

The suspension is for stomping on Jonathan Blum's foot during the 3rd period of Friday's game.

Comment

Originally posted by racingfan1 View Post
                    Bobby Ryan suspended for games 3 and 4 of the Anaheim/Nashville series.

The suspension is for stomping on Jonathan Blum's foot during the 3rd period of Friday's game.
                    its playoff hockey, should be no hold barred! WTF!
                    __________________________________________________________________

Comment

I understand playoff hockey, but something that's meant to unnecessarily endanger other players is completely uncalled for.

In other news, Nashville got two goals in the first :38 apart, Anaheim got two goals in the second :30 apart, and Nashville survived the frenzy 4-3.

Comment

All I'm saying is Tuesday will be nail-biting for Hawks fans.

Comment

GO CANUCKS!

/me loves ESPN America for showing the games live in Finland.

Comment

I can't see a win here, but GO HAWKS.

In remembrance of better times.

Comment

God I hope Vancouver wins, I've been waiting for... 12 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by cdbob View Post
                                God I hope Vancouver wins, I've been waiting for... 12 years now.
                                Oh, yeah? Well I've been waiting the entire existence of my team!

Yes, I know, it's the same amount of time. It sounds longer this way.
                                Last edited by racingfan1; April 18th, 2011, 5:16 AM.

Comment

When you can say "I have been waiting my whole life" like I could for the Red Wings to win a Cup, then you can complain. Until the Wings won in 97, there was a 40+ years drought.
                                  "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

"No man's life, liberty or happiness are safe while Congress is in session,"- Mark Twain

Comment

Canucks FTW

Comment

Originally posted by GRtak View Post
                                      When you can say "I have been waiting my whole life" like I could for the Red Wings to win a Cup, then you can complain. Until the Wings won in 97, there was a 40+ years drought.
                                      It was the same way for a lot of Hawks fans prior to last season.

I was hoping they'd put up a better fight against the Canucks, but it isn't looking like it. At this point, I'm just hoping they don't get swept.
                                      <insert witty saying here>

Comment

so, i have a damn show tonight and that means that im going to miss the dame game, well, most of it! ugh!!!
                                        __________________________________________________________________

Comment

Game 3; Pens versus Lightnings...

That was a hockey game! Only one point separating the two teams at the end, which was nerve-racking since Tampa could have easily taken it to overtime (good goal-tending by Fleury).

After Friday's cock-up by the Pens, today was a huge improvement. Let's hope they keep it up.

Both teams played well. Looking forward to Wednesday's game.

Go Pens!

My Car(s):
                                          2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S sedan - 1.8L I4, 4-speed automatic - work commuter (PYC coming soon)
                                          2012 Ford Focus SE hatchback - 2.0L I4, 5-speed manual - weekend/road trip warrior
                                          1999 Chevrolet Cavalier sedan - 2.2L I4, 3-speed automatic, crap-ton of rust and not much else (first car) - SOLD!

Comment

Working...
                                          X