General cricketing thread

BBC News - Mohammad Amir admits playing a village match while banned
I wonder what the ICC can or will do to a little English village club.

The ICC should just fuck off (with their stupid colored clothing, sponsors, and media floozy players) back to their corrupt (Indian bookmaker funded) boardrooms and leave cricket alone. English village cricket is what the game is. The ICC (and what it promotes and organizes) is just a bunch of fuck wits hell bent on turning the game into a mongrel of baseball, basketball, big brother and the X-factor. They have no dominion over the game, its history, its traditions, or any of its fundamental elements. They are just promoters of the bastardardised, professional form of the game ... which is shit! [/rant]

Anyone watch the Champions League Twenty20 final today? I thought it was kind of a stupid game to be honest, and I haven't watched any cricket since Sri Lanka's tour of England so got an itch to watch some and put some of these games on.

I had grown a bit emotionally attached to the Royal Challengers during the IPL season, so it was kind of depressing to see them hold Mumbai Indians to 139 and then completely self-destruct at the crease. I think Dilshan was the only one who had a non-shitty performance with the bat. And even then the way he lost his wicket was idiotic.

^ Haha, was waiting for you to bump this about a month ago Re: Hobart :D

Re India: They are mere kittens away from home. Despite the score, their bowling this series has been fine. It's their batting which has been atrocious. Nothing from Gambhir or Laxman, Dravid and Sehwag patchy. Tendulkar is the only batsmen who's looked truly comfortable. Really makes me wonder about the state of Test cricket. England are clearly out in front, then the next 7 nations are a complete mixed bag, depending in what country the series is played.

Also, Lol @ Dilshan and Sri Lanka in general. Winning the toss and sending the Saffers in on a batting paradise. Stumps Day 1: RSA 3/347. Kallis 159*, de Villiers 45*.

What an absolute cock-up. Smh.

^ Haha, was waiting for you to bump this about a month ago Re: Hobart :D

Haha, thing about posting about sports on Final Gear is, if something happens that I'm actually excited about sports-wise, I tend to forget to post about it here.

I go to another forum for cricket, and probably made 100+ posts on the last day of play of the Hobart test. :)

loldhoni.png

Great knock by Clarkey - was hoping he'd give Lara's record a nudge, but it was a selfless declaration.

Last edited:
Also, Lol @ Dilshan and Sri Lanka in general. Winning the toss and sending the Saffers in on a batting paradise. Stumps Day 1: RSA 3/347. Kallis 159*, de Villiers 45*.

What an absolute cock-up. Smh.

and the one-dayer yesterday where they were bowled out for 43 :blink:

That was pretty hilarious, would like to have watched at least Sri Lanka's innings. Can only imagine the commentary. "Sri Lanka have been set a stiff target of 302. Can they manage it?"

20 minutes later: "Well, I guess not."

Also, lol @ India. Again. "Decimation" barely even begins to describe what Australia has been doing to them this series.

All you can do is laugh :lol:. It's absolutely comical. How the HELL can a team of professional cricketers be 5 down for only 9 runs?? In any circumstance?? Brought back the memories of the 47 we managed to conjure up vs South Africa *shudder*.

That was pretty hilarious, would like to have watched at least Sri Lanka's innings.
[video=youtube;iI-LEm-xczQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI-LEm-xczQ[/video]

Also, lol @ India. Again. "Decimation" barely even begins to describe what Australia has been doing to them this series.
It's an absolute joke. I love watching us play well, but India's incompetence is making Australia look far better than I believe we actually are. We're still behind England and South Africa in my books. Anyone can bat, but quality bowlers are a teams true indication of strength.

That should cause confusion.
Hah, yeah. We usually just have to tell them we sometimes play matches that last over 5 days, but on the 2nd day we already know the result. That usually gets an interesting reaction.

Someone explain the difference between a tie and a draw to an American, same goes for the LBW rule and the offering a stroke part of it. Oh I know how about the Duckworth?Lewis method

going to stick with test matches over the limited over ones for these :)

draw - when the match runs out of time for either team to win (be it due to weather conditions or the pitch is great for batting and both teams don't get out).

tie - when both teams end up with the same amount of runs at the end of the match having been bowled out twice.

LBW - you're supposed to be hitting the ball with the bat, not your body. By offering a shot, the umpire has to decide whether the ball hit you in line with the stumps (but not pitched outside leg stump...should never be given out if that happens). Not offering a shot, the umpire will more than likely give the benefit of doubt to the bowler if it's close (the ball can hit you outside the line of offstump for this). Basically, your only saving grace if you didn't offer a shot is the height the ball hits you at.

Last edited: