Tour de France 2011

Holy crap Voeckler, if he keeps going like this he might just end up taking the whole thing.

Contador is unimpressive, the Schlecks doesn't have any significant edge. Evans and Basso are there too. There are still many contenders. I'd wish they would take more risc, this isn't that exciting.

I so hope this Tour ends with Voeckler as the winner. I will always cheer for the dark horses - which he has gradually turned out to be.

Holy crap Voeckler, if he keeps going like this he might just end up taking the whole thing.

His time trial capacity is... shit. He won't be on the podium. As it looks right now it'll be Evans, Schleck and Contador fighting for the places.

Good chase by the Schlecks and Evans to pull back Contador and Sanchez in the final seconds of the stage. So many Norwegian victories, what on earth is happening.

My sympathy towards the Schlecks is just getting smaller and smaller..

They're very arrogant, and they're complete cry-babies. I'm glad Contador is back to form, I hope he puts them in their place today and tomorrow :)

Right now it seems most likely that Contador or Evans will take the overall win, it all really comes down to the next two days. And the time trial on saturday is going to be mighty interesting :)

My sympathy towards the Schlecks is just getting smaller and smaller..

They're very arrogant, and they're complete cry-babies. I'm glad Contador is back to form, I hope he puts them in their place today and tomorrow :)

"is this what people want to see? a favourite loosing the tour in a descent?" :lmao: go home! you'll never win tdf!

Well, I hope not, not with that attitude. It's like they see themselves as the rightful winners of the Tour, and the rest are just in the way, or cheating. Grow some fucking balls, please..

Apparently they're not even very well liked in the peloton, even there they are said to act arrogantly, and act like "Kings" of the Tour. They act like they've won the TdF multiple times.. Contador at least has some degree of humility.

Contador would have to some humility considering he has been caught for doping and it's a wonder of why he is even in this years tour. I highly doubt Contador will win this tour, he hasn't broken Evans at all so far, and he is very far behind. Andy Schleck I don't think will win unless he finds some form in the Alps. I think Frank Schleck is the dark horse in this years tour, and he can pull out a good time trial.

Contador and Sanchez did get distance between them and Schlecks/Evans yesterday. And that was a category 2 climb. With Contador showing this kind of strength, we have yet to see Evans really get pushed. So far, none of them have had the form and/or courage to really attack the other favorites. They're going to have to today and tomorrow, so who knows how it'll turn out.

Regarding humility, I don't really care about the reasons. The doping charges are a completely different matter.

Contador and Sanchez did get distance between them and Schlecks/Evans yesterday. And that was a category 2 climb. With Contador showing this kind of strength, we have yet to see Evans really get pushed. So far, none of them have had the form and/or courage to really attack the other favorites. They're going to have to today and tomorrow, so who knows how it'll turn out.

Regarding humility, I don't really care about the reasons. The doping charges are a completely different matter.

The only distance Sanchez and Contador gained yesterday was made during the descent and not on the climb, which was brought back before the end of the race and they all finished with the same time.

if he pulls this off i'll completely change my opinion about him!

Yeah, I can respect an attempt like this, this is what we want to see :) This can make him or break him. On the other hand, this is exactly what he needs to do - he needs buffer time before the time trial.

*edit*

Impressive by Andy. And what the hell is the rest doing? They looked like they've given up.

Last edited:
Yeah, that was very well done. Also well done by Voeckler to hang on to the yellow jersey - he was completely broken when he crossed the line.

I'm just gonna go ahead and not predict anything from now on :p

I wonder if Andy will be able to recover for tomorrow's stage, though I suspect Cadel will also be tired because he chased very hard for 15km. I think tomorrow we'll see an attack by Frank schleck on the alp dhuez.