Tour de France 2011

I'm following. Haven't seen todays stage but what the hell were the officials thinking disqualifying Hushovd & Cavendish from yesterdays intermediate sprint? Completely bizarre.

i do!!! cadel was surprised himself he won :lol:

and good to see philippe gilbert can loose as well, i'm a fan, but i don't like dominators...

I do though don't know why really. 98% is a total snooze-fest and yet I can't stop. Maybe I've just followed it too long now and it's like nicotine addiction.

Cavs first and only win this year? There arn't many flat stages this year...

Who's following it?

I've given up watching the Tour de Dope ever since it turned from a sports event into a junkie convention.

I've given up watching the Tour de Dope ever since it turned from a sports event into a junkie convention.

I don't think cycling is the dirtiest sport... just the most diligent in testing.

I don't think cycling is the dirtiest sport... just the most diligent in testing.

That may be but nowhere else is it THAT obvious and nowhere else have people been caught lying so unembarrassed and nowhere else the scene behind the sport has become such a virtual drug mafia. The only comparable thing that comes to my mind, would be the organized doping in former East Germany.

Contador a bit out of luck this year it seems!

Or he is clean for a change...

Seriously: As long as doping isn't made a criminal offense on an internationally basis, equal to fraud and punishbale by time in prison, things will not change. They simply won't.

Last edited:
I don't give a damn about doping anymore. And I'm kind of getting tired about it always getting brought up when discussing cycling or Tour de France in particular.

I watch Tour de France, and even though 90% of it is a whole lot of nothing, I find it to be totally worth it for the few moments of absolute suspense it provides in the crucial moments. I can't wait for the really hard mountain stages, where we'll see who's fit and who's not. Cadel has been looking good, Contador has been unlucky so far, but I think he's fit. I've always liked the Schleck brothers, but I am sort of dissapointed about the blatant mutiny that happened last year with Team Saxo Bank (6 of Saxo Banks riders from their team last year is on Leopard Trek this year). Though obviously, who knows what's been going on behind the scenes.

For me, all these doping accusations takes away nothing of the spectacle that is Tour de France.

That's the very thing that ruined it for me, you know: I simply cannot admire their achievements anymore.

Everytime I see someone climb up that hill in front of all others, I cannot help but think "Yeah, right... surely he's full of drugs to be able to do that".

The sport is absolutely ruined for me.

Others might still enjoy it but to me it's exactly like why I never play online games with others: You never know who's cheating but you can be damn sure that someone is.

Last edited:
Well, the Leopard Trek riders used to be Team Saxo Bank :p

But you are correct, Leopard Trek as a team is much stronger than Saxo Bank. But Contador is just so very good, it's going to be interesting to see.

heianorge.jpg

Congratulations, quite a bit of Norwegian success so far :)