Newcastle v Arsenal, 17:30

Sunday, 14 August 2011

Stoke v Chelsea, 13:30
West Brom v Man Utd, 16:00

Monday, 15 August 2011

Man City v Swansea, 20:00

Welcome back guys, :wave:

New season starts two weeks from today. :woot:

The three debutant teams are Norwich, Swansea and QPR.

Norwich are known as "the Canaries" because of their yellow shirts and have famous BBC TV chef Delia Smith as a long time Director and (suffering) supporter.

QPR are known as "the Hoops" or "the 'R's", they are a another west London team based near to Hammersmith, with recent associarion with wealthy Formula One businessmen Flavio Briatore and Bernie Ecclestone. QPR FC (Wiki).

Swansea are know as "the Swans" and are a team from Wales not England.

Best of luck to both the new teams and your team for the season.

:)

I can't wait! I will try to frequent the forums more during the season. I have a soft spot for QPR, because I stay right at a place right beside their stadium when I visit England.

Liverpool look set to challenge for the top 4 (which I would personally be extremely happy with, if we achieve this year), with Charlie Adam, Stewart Downing, and (allegedly) Jose Enrique. We've covered two of our weakest areas on the pitch (an out and out winger, and a left back). Henderson looks to be a prospect for the future, but he does seem to look as if he needs a bit of work.

We've looked absolute shit, defensively, in preseason, and hopefully that gets sorted out come due date.

Are we going to be doing EPL fantasy for the forum again? Last year it was just two of us :(

Two things I hope for:

That Aresenal can shakes this 3rd-4th place curse, and manage to get more than 5 points total for the season over Tottenham.

If they cannot get a clear victory over a shite team like Newcastle, I'll be suicidal, give up on them and go over to Chelsea.

* snip * Soft spot for QPR & long suffering Liverpool fan.

Are we going to be doing EPL fantasy for the forum again? Last year it was just two of us :(

Check out the FOOTball Thread, Whappeh suggested it a couple of days ago and N.N.F.A.C.-Wig set it up already.

Are you going to post FL news here or set up a new Thread?

I wasn't about to post any updates, just excited about the season! I'll talk more in that one, and let you manage this one with news updates as you always do :)

I wasn't about to post any updates, just excited about the season! I'll talk more in that one, and let you manage this one with news updates as you always do :)

No, I meant I am cool with it, either way. :cool:

I'm 10,000% Ready for the Arsenal season!

Reactions: Jay
I want one more signing, then i`m ready!

Was the community shield a sign of things to come? :S

It was a really entertaining game, in my opinion and,

I'm glad City lost even though they didn't have Aguero and Tevez

Hmm, Arsenal sign Oxlade-Chamberlain. Wenger promises more signings. Do we finally pay the damn market rates for Cahill and Mertesacker? Doubtful. We'll start the season down a pair of CBs again.

No, not if you ignore the fact that Vermaelen will be injured 90 percent of the season.

So of the big guys, Only United managed to get 3 points, and Liverpool were the only ones to actually score, besides them. The way United are playing looks ominous, the good news for others (and bad news for them), is that Vidic and Ferdinand are going to be out for a while (Ferdinand 6 weeks?).

Arsenal need some big signings if they are to get anywhere this season. One, if not, two center backs, and a midfielder (or two). Torres, even though he was complimented so much by the commentators, is still not finding any form. We will see what happens with them this year.

Liverpool's game was frustrating to watch. Suarez winning a penalty, no red card, MISSING the penalty, then scoring 5 mins later? Craziness! No idea why Caroll's goal was disallowed. Caroll needs to learn to control the ball and hold up play better. His accuracy was pretty off, too. Of the new signings, I was most impressed by Adam and Enrique. Considering Enrique just signed the day before, he defended well, and was involved in some good attacking play/crosses into the box. Adam, though impressive in attack, was caught in possession a few times and is not very good at tackling either. Hopefully he gets freedom to maraud forward a bit more, in the future.

Downing had a great first half, but an anonymous second half. Maybe he will do better paired up with Johnson (if he's on the right, again... he's supposed to play on the left, but I guess he can play both sides). Henderson, in my opinion was not so impressive. He is a better option for us than Shelvey or Spearing, but he is not quite there yet for a starting position, in my opinion. Give it to Kuyt instead.

I think our weakest player was Flannagan, but he is a youngster, and he will come out for the better from this. He is a great player, but the mistakes will only come out of playing more matches and gaining more experience.

I'm confident that we can punch for a top four this year, with this team, but if we can sign Gary Cahill before the transfer window ends, I will be MUCH more confident that the place will be ours.

Overall, I was satisfied with the performance, but we should have come out with a win.

Monday, 15 August 2011

Man City 4-0 Swansea

Sunday, 14 August 2011

Stoke 0-0 Chelsea
West Brom 1-2 Man Utd

Saturday, 13 August 2011

Blackburn 1-2 Wolverhampton
Fulham 0-0 Aston Villa
Liverpool 1-1 Sunderland
Newcastle 0-0 Arsenal

QPR 0-4 Bolton
Wigan 1-1 Norwich

Of the top runners in the EPL, only the two Manchester clubs got off to a winning start. Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool started by dropping two points by drawing.

Spurs didn't play becase Tottenham High Road was wrecked in the riots and not handed back to normal use until the morning of the match, too late for Police to erect all the safety barriers, etc.

Of the new guys to the EPL, Norwich managed a good away draw but QPR and Swansea got a four-nil, ass kicking "welcome to the EPL".

Not the best opening wekend start to the EPL, in fact a bit dull. Maybe it has to be like that sometimes, but great times ahead.

PS Ashley Young looked really good playing for Man U, but their new 20yo goalkeeper looked well wobbly.

PPS Arsenal, Wes Brown was sold to Sunderland for just ?1m, how did you miss him? OK, not so good injury history, but still a useful squad backup, given all the current problems.

Thats because wes brown is shit. He really is a fucking liability.

Thats because wes brown is shit. He really is a fucking liability.

So, not a fan then. :lol:

OK, he's not a Vidic or Ferdinand, but the Gunners are struggling for centre backs and ?1m for all that experience.

:dunno: