2011 Rugby World Cup

Wasn't really too close in the end, I wouldn't say. The score may have been for some periods of the match, but for most of it, there only looked one winner.
They look good, don't they? Good young lineup and their skipper is a gun. They were probably unlucky not to top their Pool, but as it turns out, it's really opened up the top half of the draw for them. They're now a huge chance to make the final...

Well that's England out. Let's hope Wales can do summat special in their Semi-Final match.

<3 me England boys, can't wait for the 6 Nations now!! ^_^

I had to watch the Ireland-Wales game at Dublin airport. There were about 30 or so people gathered aroung the TV and I was the only one supporting Wales... That was intimidating, but what a good game!

How the hell did we win that? And what excuse does Quade Cooper have for being so useless? :dunno:

Cheers to you David Pocock! Can the AB's buck the trend of Pool winners losing...? :D

Bryce Lawrence 11, South Africa 9.
Hey, he owes us one... :p

It's over now, barring some miracle. Brave performance by Argentina but AB's really kicked into gear in this last 10 minutes.

It's over now, barring some miracle. Brave performance by Argentina but AB's really kicked into gear in this last 10 minutes.

Indeed. Most people wrote off Argentina before the ball even kicked off. I figured we'd win in the end of it, but Argentina certainly haven't made it easy for us, and that doesn't really surprise me.

Bring on the Wallabies!

Yes, yes. Very funny. :p

I don't understand the whole 'refs costs us the game' speech that seems to be prevalent in Rugby. I'm not suggesting or denying that Lawrence has influenced the results of the matches he's officiated, but more the fact that it's an issue at all... They have 4 years in between RWC's to get it right, I don't understand how the referee should be allowed to directly affect the outcome of a match. It seems to be a blight on the game really. :dunno:

That said, I doubt Lawrence will get any more matches this tournament.

Hi eizbaer, I am a kiwi who is going to be in Aachen this weekend and am really really keen to watch both rugby world cups. Do you know if there are any bars/ pubs in Aachen that might be showing both the games? The kickoff times will be 10am on both saturday and sunday.

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks
Kiwi Andrew

Hi eizbaer, I am a kiwi who is going to be in Aachen this weekend and am really really keen to watch both rugby world cups. Do you know if there are any bars/ pubs in Aachen that might be showing both the games? The kickoff times will be 10am on both saturday and sunday.

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks
Kiwi Andrew

hey there,
i'm not sure really since i only ever watch via online stream, but i'll go ask a friend of mine who plays rugby himself, maybe he knows some place.

mhm nah sadly he doesnt know any place other than his own room, sorry :(

Last edited:
Kurtley Beale out for Australia in their semi vs the AB's. Big loss :(

Personally I just don't see how the Wallabies will win this game if they plan on just defending for 80 mins. AB's will destroy them. Some suggestions that Quade Cooper needs to be released to play his own game so to speak, and has to fire if we are a chance to win.

On his current form and what I've seen this tournament, I'd rather they told him the game is in Wellington...

honestly what the F***!
that red card is the most ridiculous decision i have ever seen... i thought this was properly done with proper referees not with retards as in soccer, but no. seems those assholes that don't know what they're doing are everywhere... :mad:

Here come the Welsh...

i certainly hope they make it work. lovely amount of pressure in the last minutes...
Sadly, not to be. Very unlucky to lose Warburton so early on, might have just made that difference in the second half.