2011 Rugby World Cup

I was referring to the fact that England made the final despite getting thrashed....round robin means nothing so long as you go through.

Which is why England do so well at the World Cup, relatively speaking, because of their willingness to grind it out so long as they get into the knockouts and just take it one match at a time. They were the most boring team to watch in 2007 by far, but still ended up in the final. They're pretty good at this winning thing, aren't they?

Which is why England do so well at the World Cup, relatively speaking, because of their willingness to grind it out so long as they get into the knockouts and just take it one match at a time. They were the most boring team to watch in 2007 by far, but still ended up in the final. They're pretty good at this winning thing, aren't they?

yep, they stick to their strengths and just wear down the opposition....not pretty but very effective :)

saw the first half of the Canada/Tonga match (and know the final score), will catch the rest after work since TSN are showing it again, lol

i was really hoping for triple digits as well... pretty happy for japans try though, that was awesome. especially everybody cheering at that point, great to see :)

I'm going to have to completely disagree with you. :p

yup, me too.

i'm not happy at all with the france-canada game of earlier today/yesterday. good effort from canada at the start, didn't look too bad. at the end though, they simply gave up after what i thought were a few strange decisions by the ref at the start of the second half.

Judging by some of the media hysteria, you'd think we've been knocked out already, though it was definitely most dissapointing for us on Saturday night. An over-confident Wallabies outfit coming up against a tough Irish side with something to prove. Credit to them, they were much better on the night and deserved to win. The other disappointment to come out of the result for me personally, aside from another inconsistent, error-riddled and generally lack-lustre Wallaby performance, was that the anticipated Australia vs New Zealand final, is now unlikely to happen. I dare say the Boks aren't too happy about Ireland's win either :p.

The result of the Ireland vs Italy match next Sunday week now has huge ramifications. Should the Azzuri manage to stage an upset, Ireland may be found wishing they put the USA to the sword in their first match. However if the Pool maintains the status quo, Ireland have put themselves in a magnificent position to make at least the semi-finals. And who says the pool stages aren't interesting! :D

Friendly reminder to anyone still watching this tournament: New Zealand changes their clocks forward for DST on Sunday morning, so will become UTC+13 instead of UTC+12. Keep your time conversions up to date when figuring out when a match starts in your time.

A team of first graders would have served as a more effective defensive outfit than the USA team tonight.
I'll use the exceuse I use when the US sucks at soccer: We were tired from all the freedom.

nice first half from the all blacks there. france started off with good pressure, but i felt after some 10min nothing of that was left and they were just being overrun. those 3 tries in rather quick succession seem to have demoralized them a lot. could have been a fourth or even a fifth (but i dont want to be greedy), if the all blacks hadn't given them away as easily, but that's just nitpicking in the end. i hope they can keep up the good work in the second half.