NBA 2011-2012

Mike D'Antoni resigned as the Knicks head coach. About damn time. They play no defense and D'Antoni certainly wasn't going to get that sorted.

Rumour Mill: Jerry Sloan apparently interested in coaching the Knicks.

Last edited:
They have to trade him, or they'll lose him and get nothing in return this summer...

He said himself after yesterday's win over the Heat that he wants to stay and complete this season. Although the Magic basically said that unless he opts in for the '12-'13 season (postponing free agency for summer 2013) they will most probably trade him. I think the way the team looks now they have a nice chance to make a great playoff run and even win it all. If the Magic trade him they won't make any playoff runs for a while anyway so they may as well keep him for this year's playoff run. If they do well enough, Howard might be convinced to sign another contract with them.

Last edited:
He said himself after yesterday's win over the Heat that he wants to stay and complete this season. Although the Magic basically said that unless he opts in for the '12-'13 season (postponing free agency for summer 2013) they will most probably trade him. I think the way the team looks now they have a nice chance to make a great playoff run and even win it all. If the Magic trade him they won't make any playoff runs for a while anyway so they may as well keep him for this year's playoff run. If they do well enough, Howard might be convinced to sign another contract with them.
No offense, but you're dreaming, my man.

Anyway:

xUb2Y.png

Well, Dwight is staying in Orlando, but winning it all is a bit rich. :lol:

The Lakers just picked up Ramon Sessions for Luke Walton :)lol:), and are looking to score Beasley as well. I like those moves a lot. :woot:

No offense, but you're dreaming, my man.

About what? Howard staying in Orlando? No need to dream about that. ;)

He agreed to opt-in for the 2012-2013 season. If he didn't sign that paper, he would most probably be traded to the Nets and essentially wasting a whole season since they won't make the playoffs.

If it's about them winning, I'm just being hopeful. They are playing great now (beating the Bulls and Heat recently) and if they continue to play great they have a pretty good chance to win in my book. Overall, the Bulls, Heat and Thunder are better teams, but none of them can do anything to stop Howard. The only teams that Howard has trouble with are the Hawks and Celtics.

Last edited:
WTF? Suns one win away from .500? How did this happen?

Playoffs here we come :p.

Lakers are back in business. :D

Derek Fisher officially signs with OKC. It will be weird for Derek and Kobe if they play against each other in the West finals. They've been together since both entered the league in 1996 (apart from a few years where Fisher played with GSW and the Utah Jazz).

Last edited:
On Sunday I watched the Thunder murder a bunch of Bulls... here's a picture of Carlos Boozer for Tele. Not bad for an iPhone action shot.

Holy fuck that ending to the Knicks vs. Bulls game was exciting! :w00t:

Deng and Rose missed ALL FOUR of their free throws combined and 'Melo drilled that three to send the game into overtime and another three to win the game (Novak's halfway-down three was crazy too)!

Well, that's it for Dwight this season (he's having surgery to repair his herniated disc)...:(

I don't know if he'll even be able to play in the Olympics...:(

*sigh* Still, these playoffs are gonna be great! :D

Dwight has become such an asshole recently, whole this ''not wanting to play for SVG'' bullshit is really getting ridiculous.

Do Magic fans even want him to stay in Orlando anymore? I certainly wouldn't.

Dwight has become such an asshole recently, whole this ''not wanting to play for SVG'' bullshit is really getting ridiculous.

Unless those words come out of his mouth, I won't believe it. There's no way in hell a healthy Dwight would purposely sit out just because SVG is the coach; he's just not that kind of guy. Those fucking "reporters" just wanna get their names out with bullshit stories like this.

Since Dwight had successful surgery yesterday and will be able to play again in 4 months, you bet your ass that he'll play if SVG is still the coach at the start of the next season.

Edit: I have a theory for the Finals match up this year. 5 years ago from last year it was Mavs vs. Heat; last year was Mavs vs. Heat. 5 years ago from now it was Spurs vs. LeBron so I think it's gonna be the Spurs vs. Heat this year.

Heat won in 2006, Mavs won in 2011.

Spurs won in 2007, LeBron/Heat wins in 2012? :hmm:

Last edited:
Edit: I have a theory for the Finals match up this year. 5 years ago from last year it was Mavs vs. Heat; last year was Mavs vs. Heat. 5 years ago from now it was Spurs vs. LeBron so I think it's gonna be the Spurs vs. Heat this year.

Heat won in 2006, Mavs won in 2011.

Spurs won in 2007, LeBron/Heat wins in 2012? :hmm:

As much I hate to say this, I think they will. Wade and LeBron are playing much better together this year and with James having a historically good season (and a 3rd MVP most likely) they'll be tough to beat.. The only team who can realistically give them a scare is Chicago but if Rose continues to have problems with injuries through the playoffs I just can't see the Bulls beating the Heat.

I think Thunder/Heat will be a more likely match-up in this years Finals.

So much for World Peace:

Ron Artest is back...

Just saw that too...despicable.

Still, that was one crazy ass game and I was glad the Lakers won and avoided the season sweep by the Thunder. Kobe put on one hell of a show after a bad start! :D

Howard was said to be upset that team officials did not publicly defend him after Van Gundy said on April 5 that he knew Howard wanted him fired. Howard also was said to be upset that team officials did not publicly deny a WKMG report that he had called Magic Owner Rich DeVos on April 13 to say he would no longer play for Van Gundy (an allegation that Howard has denied).

Source

Happy now?