2011-2012 NHL Regular Season Thread

I love how Weber was taken by Alfredsson and the very next pick was Suter for Chara. I like to imagine Chara saw Weber go and thought, 'Oh hell no, if I pass on Suter we're done for.' :p

Also, it's good to see the hardest shot competition is going to come down to my favorite match-up, Chara vs Weber.

I'd just like to point out that Chara broke (2010) and then broke again (2011) the NHL record for hardest shot :p

yea, i think we all know the hardest shot is a rigged competition. why wouldnt it be. eventually someone will hit 110

I posted this in cool videos too, but it belongs here to remind us all who Shanahan really is. :p

that is awesome. i've always liked shanahan.

^...thanks to the locomotive known as Evgeni Malkin.

Apparently, Minnesota doesn't want points, they handed Nashville two of them last night. Though if Fisher's second goal doesn't fluke its way in, it goes to OT and Minnesota ends up with a point.

From the Vancouver game on Dec 1, until the Vancouver game tonight, Pekka Rinne went 20-3-0. Hopefully he can figure out this Vancouver team, because I feel a playoffs rematch coming.

Michigan regents call meeting about Winter Classic

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP)?The University of Michigan Board of Regents has called a special meeting to discuss renting Michigan Stadium to the NHL for the Winter Classic.

The meeting is scheduled for Wednesday morning. If the regents give their OK as expected, that would likely be one of the last hurdles to bringing the NHL?s annual showcase to one of the most iconic venues in college sports.

Buffalo, Chicago, Boston, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia have all hosted the Winter Classic, but the crowd for a game at Michigan Stadium would likely draw the league?s largest crowd.

The Wolverines and rival Michigan State attracted a Guinness World Record 104,173 people for a hockey game on Dec. 11, 2010.

Michigan Stadium had a record attendance of 114,804 in September 2011. I think this game could break it.