2011-2012 NHL Regular Season Thread

so...guess who got a new steve downie TBL sweater last month...

Well of course they're going to deny everything until they announce it themselves. :p

The only reason why keeping the Coyotes in Phoenix for a few more years makes any sense though would be that Quebec and Seattle don't have new arenas and won't for a few years yet. I mean, we had a new arena built ten years ago and managed an ahl team like it was an nhl team, getting an nhl team was a long term goal not a short term one. Although, an old sold out arena and actually making money would still beat empty seats in the desert!

Don't use logic when talking about the NHL.

Yeah, it ends at 23. The old record stood for a long time, I wonder how long this will stand.

I have been witness to two very big records set by the Wings. The other being the 62 win season (95-96).

Both still pale in comparison to the 97 cup win that ended the 42 year drought.

Ouch, we just ran away today. 8 - 1 victory over Tampa.

...though I did miss most of the game helping my brother service his car (caught the last 9 minutes of it). Have to watch the highlights.

Official scorers in Columbus give home team 31 hit advantage over Red Wings

Now look: We didn't watch the entire game. It's entirely possible that the Red Wings were outhit 33-2 in a division game against an aggressive opponent. It's possible that Todd Bertuzzi (74 hits in 57 games) and Niklas Kronwall (101 hits in 64 games) played two of the most passive games of their careers. NHL.com didn't have any highlights of hits from the game; and the Red Wings are 27th in the NHL in road hits (557).

Have been on the forum for couple of years and first time had the idea to come here. So a SJS fan from Finland coming up to this thread.