2011-2012 NHL Regular Season Thread

I can't imagine them being nearly as mad as after the score-a-thon with Winnipeg.

Also, LOL Columbus for being the last team in the league...with 5 points. Everyone else is in double digits.

Hehehe, Columbus...

...and going nearly a full week without a Pens game is driving me insane!

That has happened twice for us Red Wing fans this year. :(

Sad when you sufer hockey withdrawl during the damn season.

Apart from the All-Star break, the longest I have to go without a Preds game this year is 4 days, which happened Oct 9-12. But there is a 3 day stretch from Jan 2-4. :(

:p

AAAAAAWW YEEEEAAAAAAH!

6-3 Penguins!

Got off to a shaky start, but made a nice comeback in the 3rd!

GO PENS!

PLease someone tell me why Crosby is on the allstar ballot.

Wow, they can't even let him heal without putting pressure on him to be the poster boy.

Because he's the NHL's posterboy...and we do expect him back...sometime...

Im not (for once) being a crosby hater but he hasnt done shit this season because he has been hurt, he is wasting a spot. Its sickening how they do this kinda shit. there are pleny of players who should be in his place.

Well, that was disappointing...

At least we got a goal in, so it wasn't a humiliating disaster. Hopefully Saturday will be better.

GO PENS!

I actually didn't get to see the game.

I had a night class for the first half and I couldn't watch the rest because our TV is out of commission for the time being (the workmen fixing the living room ceiling - water damage, long story - had to unplug and relocate everything in order to work), so I don't really know what sort of calamities unfolded (radio doesn't tell you everything).

Watching the highlights on the Pens site now...

Last edited:
I actually didn't get to see the game.

I had a night class for the first half and I couldn't watch the rest because our TV is out of commission for the time being (the workmen fixing the living room ceiling - water damage, long story - had to unplug and relocate everything in order to work), so I don't really know what sort of calamities unfolded (radio doesn't tell you everything).

Watching the highlights on the Pens site now...

Your radio guy must suck because mine tells you EVERYTHING. lol, he is great.

The radio team for the Predators is great at telling you exactly what's happening on the ice, when it happens. But that's what you get with Pete Weber and Terry Crisp doing the broadcasts.

Spearing?

Found a clip of it on YouTube. Yeah, that was bad. However, they probably didn't call it because of the immediate hit on Letang (square in the face, too) by Brewer. That was also uncalled for.

Roloson seemed fine, probably another reason why they didn't call it.

Last edited:
Your radio guy must suck because mine tells you EVERYTHING. lol, he is great.

Mike Lange is seriously the best radio hockey announcer I've ever heard, but only so much can be transmitted by voice; video certainly helps.

The only thing I'm worried about Sid's return is that he'll be back for tomorrow's game...against the Islanders...who we don't really get along with very well.

I fear the Islanders might go after Crosby, so there'll probably be plenty of penalties...and on both sides, not just the Islanders (with Crosby in a somewhat fragile state, any move against him will likely result in a violent retaliation by his teammates).

We'll see...