2011-2012 NHL Regular Season Thread

The only thing I'm worried about Sid's return is that he'll be back for tomorrow's game...against the Islanders...who we don't really get along with very well.

I fear the Islanders might go after Crosby, so there'll probably be plenty of penalties...and on both sides, not just the Islanders (with Crosby in a somewhat fragile state, any move against him will likely result in a violent retaliation by his teammates).

We'll see...

He is a huge target

Any team's star player is a target. The target gets bigger when he is coming back from an injury.

Red Wings win tonight over the Ducks, but the clinching goal is very cool.

Last edited:
Just seen an update on Crosb(itch)y. He seems to be his old self again, a goal and a pair of assists.

5-0 Victory with 2 goals and 2 assists by Sid.

Talk about a "Welcome Back" game!
He still has it!

GO PENS!

and thus, all that NHL.com will cover today is what Cindy is having for breakfast and maybe how many times she will wipe her cooch.

Just visited the site and what i see was its over 75% Her. WTF? How many other games were played last night? This shit just makes me sick. Its getting old.

Screenshot2011-11-22at84900AM.png

Last edited:
If I hear one more Crosbitch fan boy tell me how awesome this guy is, I am gonna :puke:

Son of a bitch.

6-3 victory over the Senators. Not too shabby.

There were a few messy moments which I didn't like (some stupid penalties we should have avoided), but overall not bad.

...and Gonchar looks like he's still friends with the Pens. Had some nice conversations with his former teammates.
We miss ya Gogo.

GO PENS!

[EDIT: 11/26/2011]
Pretty intense game we had tonight. A few bad calls by the officials on both sides, but overall not bad. The hit on Letang towards the end of the third, though, should have been a penalty.

I love it how Subban's hit fakes weren't too successful for him. He succeeded once, but the refs caught on quickly and he failed to draw penalties later (there was one mishap that was likely a penalty, but like the boy who cried "wolf" the officials didn't believe him).

Last edited:
Wings' Patrick Eaves to be sidelined for 6-8 weeks

Ted Kulfan/ The Detroit News

Detroit ?The Wings have announced that forward Patrick Eaves, who suffered a broken jaw when he hit by a puck Saturday night, will have surgery Monday and be sidelined for 6-to-8 weeks.

Eaves, with a little more than two minutes left in Detroit's 4-1 victory over Nashville, took a hard, rising shot from the point by Roman Josi flush on his right ear. He appeared to be knocked cold for an instant and blood was coming from the ear.

He was taken off the ice on a stretcher and rushed to Detroit Medical Center with a fractured jaw.

It had already been a difficult season for Eaves. He began training camp on the top line, but injured his foot late in the exhibition season and then had a sore back just after the season started.

The Wings assigned Fabian Brunnstrom to Grand Rapids over the weekend but could recall him before Wednesday's game against Tampa Bay.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111127...s-to-be-sidelined-for-6-8-weeks#ixzz1eyP2XDEr

Caps Fire the Coach and hire an ex player in his place.

Anyone else think they did this because Ovechkin isn't anywhere near the running for the Rocket Richard Trophy? Hell, we have 2nd line wingers with more goals than him.

While talking stats, Boston is on some kind of crack. Their goal differential is +28. Only 7 teams (Boston, Pittsburgh, Detroit, San Jose, Rangers, Philadelphia, and Vancouver) have double-digit +goal differentials, and Boston is +10 higher than 2nd place.

I think they are hungry for that second cup.

Anyone else think they did this because Ovechkin isn't anywhere near the running for the Rocket Richard Trophy? Hell, we have 2nd line wingers with more goals than him.

While talking stats, Boston is on some kind of crack. Their goal differential is +28. Only 7 teams (Boston, Pittsburgh, Detroit, San Jose, Rangers, Philadelphia, and Vancouver) have double-digit +goal differentials, and Boston is +10 higher than 2nd place.

Well, you can't fire all the players at once, so I guess Bruce had to go.

Wings are up 2-0 over the Lightning at the end of the first. Go Wings. :D

EDIT:

Tampa tied it up in the second and the Wings scored two in the tthird to win it 4-2.

Roloson looked awesome in the second half of the first period and the second period.

Last edited: