Car(s)
Ford Thundercougarfalconbird
ITS HERE!!!

So, lets start by leaving our predictions for the season:

MVP:
Stanley Cup:
East Champs:
West Champs:

You fill in the rest, lol, im to lazy today.

MVP: Jeff Carter
Stanley Cup: Colorado Avalanche
East Champs: Winnipeg Jets
West Champs: Colorado Avalanche

I gave this all of 30 seconds' thought, but it's a long season so if I get even one right I'll be completely flabbergasted.

Par for the course; my predictions on these things never turn out right. Mostly because I just chuck darts at targets.

MVP: Jonathan Toews
Stanley Cup: Washington Capitals
East Champs: Washington Capitals (beating Philly)
West Champs: San Jose Sharks (beating Chicago)

...I'd much prefer a Tampa/Vancouver finals but I'm not sure either can back up from last year :|

Last edited:
ITS HERE!!!

So, lets start by leaving our predictions for the season:

MVP:
Stanley Cup:
East Champs:
West Champs:

You fill in the rest, lol, im to lazy today.

MVP: Datsyuk or Lidstrom or Zetterberg
Stanley Cup: Detroit Red Wings Duh!
East Champs: Boston Bruins
West Champs: Detroit

Maybe it is just fanboyism, but I like the way they look despite the changes.

i just dont see boston repeating. Anyone who knows anything about hockey knows that the ref's didnt call any penaltys in Game 7 of the ECF because they knew Tampa would stomp the Bruins. the only reason they made it, IMO, is because of that crooked ass game 7. I really feel tampa has a good shot this year but i have no idea yet who we will face.

The team I'm interested in how they develop is the Flyers; they changed significantly, and in my opinion for the worse. Could just be that I can't see the pieces fitting together yet.

The team I'm interested in how they develop is the Flyers; they changed significantly, and in my opinion for the worse. Could just be that I can't see the pieces fitting together yet.

Well, from what I gather, they essentially traded Carter and Richards for Carter Jr. and Richards Jr. plus some spare parts. The forwards are young and seem to have talent, the defense is solid but aging rapidly. This is what I don't get. It'll take a year or two for the forwards to mature as individuals and as a group. The problem is the defense will be ready for an overhaul around that time. They're solid enough on the backend to make the playoffs, beyond that no chance unless multiple kids have breakout years.

At least Simmonds is the bigger person and moving on.

Crosby likely won't play in the opening match of the season, so the NHL is trying to stamp out concussion-causing events before another posterboy like Ovechkin gets one.

/onlyhalfjoking

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?sl...nathrowing-incident-involving-flyers-simmonds

Man charged in banana-throwing incident involving Flyers? Simmonds

Philadelphia Flyers player Wayne Simmonds(notes) remained in the news Wednesday, but news of a different nature than the alleged homophobic slur he called another player in a preseason game on Monday.

The latest news involving Simmonds comes out of London, Ontario, Canada, where Chris Moorhouse, 26, was issued a summons for one count of engaging in a prohibited activity under the provincial trespassing act. Moorhouse allegedly threw a banana onto the ice near where Simmonds was at during a preseason game last Thursday between the Flyers and Detroit Red Wings at London's John Labatt Centre .

London police chief Brad Duncan said in a press conference on Wednesday that while Moorhouse could face a fine of up to $2,000, his actions did not legally fall under the Canadian statutes for a hate crime or mischief. Moorhouse, who is black, reportedly threw the banana as Simmonds closed in on Detroit's goal, where he eventually scored.

In a unique twist to the investigation, social media use of services such as Facebook and Twitter were utilized by police, with several witnesses and observers coming forward with information that pointed towards Moorhouse.

"Clearly, the incident became the focus of the local community and across the national and international plane," Duncan said. "Mr. Moorhouse has expressed remorse for his actions."

Simmonds issued a statement the following day calling the event "unfortunate."

A court date has not been set, but Moorhouse has retained a lawyer, officials said.

am i the only one who thinks the suspensions are already getting out of hand?

I don't have a problem with them yet....they've all been pretty obvious so far. Tough one with the hit on Smith last night however since it was the toe drag that got him in trouble. Without it, I reckon that would have been purely shoulder on shoulder, so it'll be interesting to see what Shanahan makes of it.

Last edited:
I think Shanahan is sending a message: There is a new sherrif in town, and I will punish you.

As of right now, Nashville's power play has gone 7-for-30 on the preseason. What the hell? When did the PP get so good? Probably a preseason fluke and it'll be back to 1-for-10 billionty when the season comes along.