2011-2012 NHL Regular Season Thread

wat. A loss is a loss. They don't count emotional victories in the standings.

Sure, a loss is a loss but in the teams eyes it was a great game and as far as the coach is concerned it was a "win". thats what matters, when the team knows they didnt blow it but rather they faced a hot goalie.

Sure, a loss is a loss but in the teams eyes it was a great game and as far as the coach is concerned it was a "win". thats what matters, when the team knows they didnt blow it but rather they faced a hot goalie.

So you had, and lost, 5 one-goal leads, scored 5 goals on 28 shots, and you call that a great game against a hot goalie?

The one team we NEVER want to lose to...and we lost.

...at least they took it to overtime, so we got a point (it's a small consolation).

Next up are the Sabres on Saturday. GO PENS!

- Dan

The Wings are off to a good start (3-0), I hope it keeps going.

So you had, and lost, 5 one-goal leads, scored 5 goals on 28 shots, and you call that a great game against a hot goalie?

Yes.

You think i like having a 400 year old man in goal? last night was a great example of Roloson needing to retire.

Talk about getting caught flat-footed.
8 seconds into the game and we're one goal behind...COME ON GUYS!

- Dan

At least you get to watch your team. The Red Wings have the weirdest schedule ever to start a season.

And despite the preseason, it looks like we still can't get stuff done without Crosby or Malkin. Or Orpik. If this turns into last season part deux, there'll be an awful lot of frustration here.

I give up, this season is a loss. Rinne is the only good thing going right now. Through 5 games, not a single Predator has a positive Corsi rating.

Fuck this team, how's the Red Wings doing? <_<

The Wings are 4-0-0. THey have a weird schedule where they take most of a week off between a pair of games. :dunno:

Yes! We win!

...and holy hell, Brent Johnson! Some great goal tending by him! He saved our skin numerous times this game and kept going even after his right leg got twisted in a weird way.

GO PENS!

- Dan

Got tix for tonight, Bolts vs Islanders. Scrapped the awesome 12th row behind the box seats this year for a more fun crowd upstairs. Cant wait!

Edit: Dominating 4-1 win. Garon is a great goalie for us in his starts and i hope this continues. That was the best we have looked all year

Last edited:
The Red Wings lost their first game of the season. It was pathetic. I don't care if they loose, but put forth some effort.

EDIT: the score was 7-1 :(

And congrats to Nick "The Ageless Wonder" Lidstrom on game #1500.

Last edited:
Flyers scored the first goal, went down 1-5, battled back to 4-6 after 2, went up 7-6, then finally lost 8-9. Somewhere in there, there was a total of 3 goalie changes in the game. Weird. Fucking. Game.

That and 9 different Winnipeg Jets scored all 9 goals in the game. Odd game indeed. It was the highest scoring game since the lock out in 2004. Even Bryzgalov was pretty hard on himself

"I have zero confidence in myself right now... I'm terrible. I want to apologize to the fans and my teammates" -Ilya Bryzgalov

And good on the Leafs too for spoiling the Rangers' home opener. Tough luck getting those 2 goals called back, lol.

umadbro.jpg

Last edited: