2011-2012 NHL Regular Season Thread

Bruins = pretty good

Leafs, not so much?

Sorry.

They fire one coach for having a slow start and hire another one that was just fired for having a slow start? Is it just me, or does this not compute?

BTW, I think Detroit came pretty close to firing their coach too. They lost 6 in a row, and were not looking good.

Pens win 2-1 over the Caps!

...though it was a somewhat messy game. I didn't see the first 2 periods because we had to present our term-projects in my night class, though from what I heard in the 2nd intermission was that the Pens were off to a good start in the first, but then kind of fell apart in the second. Third period was a little messy, but not bad. Sure was action packed!

6-5 Preds over 'Nucks. Preds go up 3-1, to give up 4 goals in the 2nd, only to come back with 3 in the 3rd. Peks chased off giving up 5 goals, Vancouver's two goalies gave up 3 a piece. Nashville went 3-for-3 on the PP. What a game!

Due to work, I missed out on tonight's game against the 'Canes, but I did catch the end of the post-game recap. The two most important bits of limited information I heard was that it was an action packed game and the Pens won 3-2.

2 thoughts:

Jagr + Giroux = fun to watch.

Matt Read is good.

That is pretty cute and belongs in the cute thread.

So the NHL has approved a new four Conference League next season. It reminds me of the old Campbell, Patrick, Smythe and Norris divisions of the 80s. Especially the playoff formats.. although, really, wtf in putting Florida and Tampa in with Toronto, Boston, Montreal, Buffalo and Ottawa :?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382065

Proposed NHL Realignment

Conference A
Anaheim
Calgary
Colorado
Edmonton
Los Angeles
Phoenix
San Jose
Vancouver

Conference B
Chicago
Columbus
Dallas
Detroit
Minnesota
Nashville
St. Louis
Winnipeg

Conference C
Boston
Buffalo
Florida
Montreal
Ottawa
Tampa Bay
Toronto

Conference D
Carolina
New Jersey
NY Islanders
NY Rangers
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Washington

Last edited:
For the most part, the way the conferences were broken up was to keep all the rivalries they could. Phi and Pit were adamant about not being separated. Phi, Pit, NJ, NYR, Was always have heated games (and NYI when they didn't suck). That meant in order to keep Fla and TB together, they had to go into the other group of 7.

Bell & Rogers Purchase MLSE

Broadcasters Rogers And Bell purchase a 75% combined share of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment. The company which owns and runs the Leafs, Raptors, TFC and AHL Toronto Marlies. Hmm, I don't know if this'll bode well for the CBC and Hockey Night in Canada in the long run. I don't think much will change in the short-run.

Last edited:
I think the CBC owns the rights to the national broadcast.

did anyone else watch the game/highlights from the bolts-rangers game? showboating will get you killed! lol

Both teams were mad about this.

Rangers said sorry, got on the kid for doing that and coach appologized. Said "it was to much" and "its out of character for him"

Vinny said "we play them again, we wont forget this" then him and Brad had a talk and vinny calmed down about it. Looks like its forgotton about. Helps that Torts was the coach in tampa for a long time. Im confident that if he had done this against any other team it wouldnt be this easy to forget.

Last edited: