No announcement yet.

MLB '11/'12 Offseason Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just broke to my phone... Papelbon to Philadelphia for a few years and shit.

In Mix We Trust!

Comment

Geez 4 years 50 million with a vesting option that could put the total closer to 60 million....Damn that is a lot of cheddar for a relief pitcher.
      "I'm not always on the internet, but when I am, I prefer finalgear.com forums."

Comment

So Astros in the AL West starting in 2013....thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Clockwerk View Post
          So Astros in the AL West starting in 2013....thoughts?
          One word: meh.

-Sanchez to the Royals for Melky, who is practically the epitome of a Giants hitter
          -Dodgers extend Kemp for 6 yr/180 mil
          -Verlander wins the Cy Young
          -Marlins reportedly offer Reyes an insane deal... good luck with that
          -Some new unis, from best to worst:

Attached Files
          Last edited by teletubby-warrior; November 17th, 2011, 2:21 AM.
          '10,'11,'12 FG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Comment

Still waiting for the Rays to put "Tampa Bay" on the road uniforms. We have been asking for that here since the logo change. I con only imagine at some point that Miama wil want the same thing for thier home uniforms in the near future.

Comment

Cubs hire Dale Sveum.

Sorry again, Clockwerk.

Comment

Astros to AL West in 2013.

In Mix We Trust!

Comment

So I really like Mike Matheny and all, but...
                  No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up.
                  - Lily Tomlin

My cheevos!

Comment

Pretty excited that they're going back to the cartoon bird; less excited about Dan Duquette as GM. Bracing myself to finish near the bottom of the league, yet again.
                    Look, it's a stignature.

Comment

Comment

I never thought I'd say this so soon, but I genuinely feel sorry for true BoSox fans.

For what it's worth, I don't see Ol' Bobby managing any team, much less the Red Sox.

Comment

The new/old Blue Jays unis are awesome...

Anyway, some poor soul went through the trouble of proving just how godawful Ryan Theriot is:

Not sure if anyone remembers my constant bitching when he was still a Cub, but the scars will never heal... great vid though.

Comment

Seattle OF Greg Halman fatally stabbed. Very sad story. RIP
                            Look, it's a stignature.

Comment

Source: Valentine gets Red Sox job

...Fuck it....I'm out....

Comment

...Fuck it....I'm out....

It's not... that bad. It's... he may be...... perhaps he'll.... ah, who am I kidding?

- Cubs sign David DeJesus: 2 yr/8.5mil with a club option. Solid first move for Epstein and Co.
                                - Heath Bell reportedly agrees to terms with the Marlins.
                                - Dodgers continue to spend a lot of money on a lot of shitty players.
                                - Nationals seem to be willing to pay another big FA.
                                - Reyes will likely stay a Met or join the rainbow gang down in Miami. Good luck to whoever pays him...
                                - GM winter meetings are almost here; hopefully, some of the big names start to sign.
                                - The new CBA screws every small market team... hard.

Comment

White Sox do nothing. Wonder why nothing changes.

In Mix We Trust!

Comment

Pedro will announce his retirement soon.

Awesome montage:

...just filthy.

Originally posted by Whappeh View Post
                                    White Sox do nothing. Wonder why nothing changes.
                                    Don't you remember? They went "All In" last season... and... yeah.

Winter Meetings begin tomorrow!

I fully expect the Cubs to be nearly unrecognizable by Thursday.

Comment

Reyes to Miami: 6 yrs/106m

LULZ, Marlins...

Too bad their new center field monstrosity doesn't light up after triples... or saves... or stolen bases... or hammy injuries... or managerial profanities:

Comment

OH THE HUMANITY WHAT THE HELL IS THAT CRAP
                                        When you say that we're all assholes,
                                        Guess it'd be useless to deny
                                        I'm just saying, you're the reason why

Comment

Originally posted by teletubby-warrior View Post
                                          Reyes to Miami: 6 yrs/106m

LULZ, Marlins...

Too bad their new center field monstrosity doesn't light up after triples... or saves... or stolen bases... or hammy injuries... or managerial profanities:

Is that thing legal? To bad that thing even exists.

Anyways big baseball fan here just found this thread I am a Cleveland Indian Fan, Yes I Know! Sorry but I grew up in Cleveland and have to go with the home team.

So I went to a Seattle Mariners game a couple of years ago and had great seats row 15 straight up from third base. It seems that in Seattle people don’t have a clue that you should not be standing and walking in front of people during game play. I know when I went to The Jake they had signs and ushers ensuring that this did not happen. Anyone run into the problem in other fields?
                                          Last edited by alaskarat; December 5th, 2011, 10:43 PM.

Fairbanks, Alaska No. 1 coldest city in the USA.

Comment

Working...
                                          X