MLB '11/'12 Offseason Thread

NL East is the new AL East...:p

Buerhle to the Marlins for insane money, Giants get the horrible Pagan, blah, blah, blah:

Pujols is an Angel.

Source: Pujols will sign with Angels for 10 years for between $250 and $260 million. Full no-trade. Pujols decided Thursday morning.

Sweet baby DeJesus...

Last edited:
Geez...the Pujols deal also includes a pair of these.

images350107_large.jpg

As a baseball fan this off season has been pretty awesome.

As a fan of the White Sox... fuck this off season.

As a fan of the White Sox... fuck this off season.

Bold prediction: Ventura becomes a Hall of Fame manager winning 2 World Series titles in his 17 year run with the White Sox....at his hall of fame induction he is punched by an 87 year old Nolan Ryan.

Last edited:
Bold prediction: Ventura becomes a Hall of Fame manager winning 2 World Series titles in his 17 year run with the White Sox....at his hall of fame induction he is punched by an 87 year old Nolan Ryan.
I'm strangely comfortable with that, as it also sets up the world's first Manager vs. Opposing team Owner fist fight at a ALCS.

Stop the presses!

Cubs trade Tyler Colvin and DJ LeMahieu for Ian Stewart and Casey Weathers from the Rox.

Rockies have sent ian stewart and Casey weathers to cubs for tyler Colvin and DJ lamehieu

I'm not thrilled about losing the another decent infielder in LeMahieu, but those of you in the fantasy league may remember my minor man-crush on Stewart. Good trade for both teams... I really hope the change of scenery helps Stewart finally break out and start crushing the ball again.

:tumbleweed:

- Latos traded to the Reds for Alonso, Volquez, Grandal, and Boxberger: huge haul for a huge douche :p
- Rangers bid $51.7mil for the rights to speak with Darvish... damn you, Texas
- Cuddyer signs with the Rox: 3 yr/31.5 mil
- Rollins re-signs in Philly: 3 yr/33 mil
- Twins sign Willingham: 3 yr/21 mil

All the excitement came in the first few days, I'm afraid.

I'm still on Bobby Valentine suicide watch...

All the excitement came in the first few days, I'm afraid.
First days of what?

I'm still on Bobby Valentine suicide watch...
:hug:

- Gio Gonzalez traded to the Nationals for A.J. Cole, Tom Milone, Derek Norris and Brad Peacock... I can't wait to see what Garza brings in :D
- Beltran signs with the Cardinals: 2 yr/26 mil

Of the rest of our lives?

I don't know. I got nothing this off-season. Not very much looking forward to this season, tbh. Doesn't feel like we have a chance, and we're not really rebuilding to well. Plus I'll probably be gone for all of it. Kind of hurts my heart a little.

I read a great article that kind of hits in on the head... I have no idea what the White Sox organization is doing this off season. Kenny says it's a rebuilding year, then resigns Danks (but lets our best pitcher get away)? Doesn't make any serious plays for anyone in the market, and little to no action for youth.