MMA 2012

"Spent months training to fight Munoz and now I have to fight a guy who sounds like "PIP" from South Park." Bwahahahha!

You do realise that if Bisping were to win, you are gonna look like a tool for saying that.

Also why was this post deleted before?

Click your usercp to find out! :p

Click your usercp to find out! :p

After some searching I have found out that quite a few users lost posts made yesterday due to the blackout.

You do realise that if Bisping were to win, you are gonna look like a tool for saying that.

That's a mighty big "IF" there. Unless he's developed some impressive submission skills we've yet to see, I don't think his pillow fists are going to stop Chale standing up.

The first UFC on FX card is tomorrow, and like with 142, there isn't much I care about.

Melvin Guillard vs Jim Miller - Both guys are talented and coming off losses, but I'm going with Miller because he has the ground game to submit Melvin. Also, Melvin has left Greg Jackson's to train fulltime with Rashad at Imperial Athletics, and I have a feeling it's going to be a mistake. Word is he split his time between both places for his Lauzon fight, but he blames the loss on Jackson instead of his own ego. I think between the Rumble fiasco from last week, this match, and Evan's match with Davis next week, we'll find out if this camp is going to end up being worth anything or is just doomed to failure.

Miller by submission.

Pat Barry vs Christian Morecraft - I love Pat Barry as much as I hate the Diaz brothers, I can't bring myself to pick against him, he could be taking on a male silverback gorilla who's high on PCP and I'd still take Barry to win. That being said, I know he'll never be more than a mediocre HW at best, he's not skilled enough to survive at LHW but he's way too small for HW. I don't know if Lesnar is going to keep his Deathclutch (my god that's a retarded name) camp open for other people of if he's going to shut it down after everyone gets through their next fight, but Barry needs to get the hell away from there. I think he'd do well to move to AKA or Jacksons. Morecraft is obviously much larger but far less skilled of the two, but I hope Barry can overcome the size disadvantage and score a victory here.

Barry by anyway he can.

I might have to take back what I said about Barry training at Deathclutch, not that Morecraft is some submission wiz, but he looked worlds better on the ground than he has in the past. Credit to him for escaping all three sub attempts from a much bigger guy, now he needs to work on his takedown defense to go along with it. That all being said, I think Herb let Christian eat 2 or 3 shots he didn't need to, but I don't think anyone will raise too much of a stink about it.

Good job by Miller, I hope he gets a title shot sometime this year. I had a feeling when Mevlin threw that first flying knee that he was going to try it over and over again, and I was right, and he paid for it. We'll find out for sure just how good of a place Imperial is next week, but right now it's not looking good.

Well I had this all written out, and then the forums decided to eat it before it posted, so here it is again.

The second UFC on FOX card is saturday, so like always, here are my picks.

Rashad Evans vs Phil Davis - There's no denying that Davis has the better wrestling pedigree, but I'm giving the edge to Evans here because he's had many more years to develop his MMA wrestling while Davis has not. I've no doubt that Phil can take Evans to the ground a couple times, but I don't think he'll be able to keep him there or do anything while there. There is no comparison in the striking department, none. Evans' striking isn't the best in the world, but it's light years beyond Davis, and he has some power in his hands to back it up. I have nothing against Davis, I think he's already extremely talented and the sky the limit for him, but he needs a few more years to round out his game and plug some holes before he's ready for someone like Rashad or Jones. His only path to victory is to drag Evans to the ground at the start and not let go for the next 15 minutes, and I think Evans is savvy enough to stuff most of his takedowns and pepper him with shots standing up.

Evans by TKO.

Michael Bisping vs Chael Sonnen - Bisping might have a lot of wins, but they're hardly over the best competition, the few times he's taken a step up he's lost. For as much as he loves to talk about his supposed punching power, it sure didn't do much against the now glass jawed Wandi. His pillow fists aren't going to do him much good when he's flat on his back and Chael is wrestlefucking him into oblivion.

bisping-redcoat.jpg

Chael by UD.

Demian Maia vs Chris Weidman - On paper, Maia should take this due to his experience, but I have this feeling Weidman is going to get the upset here.

Weidman by split decision.

Mike Russow vs John-Olav Einemo - This should be a somewhat decent (by HW standards) fight, but I'm giving Russow the nod because Einemo had been out of action for so long before getting KOed by Herman in the summer.

Russow by TKO.

Hmmm....that?s just asking for trouble.

LightningCount, I'm calling you out for a sig bet on the Bisping/Chael fight, but lets make this one interesting. Here is what I propose...

1. Duration of the bet. If you lose, you must keep your new signature for two weeks. If I lose, I'll keep it for two full months, no get out of jail free card.
2. For you to win, Bisping must KO Chael and a TKO doesn't count, it has to be a clean knockout like what Henderson did to him.
3. For me to win, Sonnen must submit Bisping.
4. If either fighter hits the other with an illegal blow, the whole thing is off.
5. If it goes to the judges, then the loser will do the standard one week sig.

What do you say?

Davis/Evans - I did not expect this fight to be so one sided and was shocked to see Phil go for so few takedowns and only getting one or two of them. Phil's striking technique has improved since he fought little Nog, but he hit nothing but air the entire fight, Rashad not only saw everything coming but was able to counter it as well. I also did not expect Evans to be so dominant on the ground as well, he won the wrestling and grappling battles as well. Davis is a tough fighter, but his striking still has a loooooooooong way to go, give him another year or so tighten things up and learn how to find his range and he'll be a solid top 10 LHW.

That all being said, I didn't see anything from Rashad that says he can beat Jones come April. I still think he has a better shot than anyone else in the division to beat him, but it's a very slim one, I don't see him being able to get inside and land anything on his chin or take him down. No matter what happens, I hope they can bury the hatchet at the end of it.

Bisping/Sonnen - I gave Sonnen rounds 1 and 3 personally, but I will give Bisping credit for getting back to his feat on ocasion. I'm not upset about the decision though, it's not like Bisping hasn't had a questionable decision go in his favor before, I say it's karma catching up with him. Back down the ladder to crush a few more cans before he gets another shot at a real top 10 fighter.

Even if Sonnen gets knocked out in 10 seconds when he faces Silva, he'll still go down in history as the man who made him look human for almost 25 full minutes.

Maia/Weidman - Maia looked like crap tonight, and my hat is off to Chris for cutting 30lbs in less than 2 weeks, that had to be hard on his body.

Russow/Einemo - Why is that HW fighters gassing out is the rule and not an exception? Wasn't Einemo like some ADDC grappling wizard or something? Russow controlled him the entire time and just walked away if he wasn't feeling comfortable. Eine will probably be handed his walking papers but they miiiiiiight keep him around just because there are so few HW's on the roster right now. Russow will probably face someone like Struve for his next fight.

:lol:

I see what you did there!
:lmao:

Only one pick for tonight and this is it.

Nick Diaz to win, that is all.

Sig bet is on offer if you're interested Punisher.

Fuck Diaz and his bitching and moaning. Condit nullified his gameplan, avoided most of his strikes, and was more accurate with his own kicks and punches. Even by "Stockton" rules Diaz lost because his face was more fucked up at the end of the match. He's like a WW version of Lesnar, soon as things don't go his way, he wants to take his ball and go home. For the first time in a long time you fought someone who wasn't a can or past their prime and you lost, take it like a man, if you think boxing is going to be any easier or more lucrative, you're about to get another rude awakening.

I did miss the second half of the 5th round, but up to that point I had Carlos up 4-0.

Congrats to Carlos, close decision, he deserved the win here. I am not gonna make excuses or argue over this, it is just the way things go in fighting and tonight Nick lost

Have to say I thought this would be more of a brawl but Condit played his cards perfectly using his movement.

I do hope however though that Nick wasn't totally serious when he said he will retire.

And the Diaz fans are already making excuses for him, even going so far as to compare Condit to Kalib Starns. Yeah, how dare Carlos do what everyone else has and let himself get pinned against the cage so he could get peppered with shots, getting out of that situation over and over is just a bitchass move, it totally wasn't fair to Diaz.