MMA 2012

Forgot to mention, I've been sick the last few days with a cold/flu, which is why I didn't make any official picks for the card, but I did have Koshcheck, Nelson, and Condit to win. When I feel better I'll post my normal post event thoughts and I swear it won't just be Diaz hate. But for right now I'm going to go take a hot bath made from the tears of the Gracie camp.

:lol: Diaz is such a bitch. If he even resembled a man he would have demanded a re-fight.

I still feel like shit, but here it goes anyway.

First, I like the new "Evolution" intro, it's a little goofy but it's a hell of a lot better than the gladiator one they used for years. Now that crappy "Face The Pain" (or whatever it's called) metal song needs to go and they'll be all set.

Condit/Diaz - I think this proves what I've been saying for years, Diaz is a decent fighter, but he's not top 10/top 5/pound for pound. He survived for years feasting on cans and people past their prime, it's easy to look good when you're a big fish in a very small pond. Nick has used the same gameplan for ages, and when he finally ran up against actual top 10 talent, he couldn't make any adjustments to compensate, all he did was get more and more pissed off that Carlos refused to play his game. It was obvious when Nick wouldn't let go of Condit's ankle after the bell that he was desperate for anything that might shake him mentally, and he failed. I honestly would have docked Diaz a point for that shit, when the ref says break it up, you break it up. I really think his inability to adjust when his gameplan obviously wasn't working showcases his limitations as a fighter.

Condit did exactly what he should have to win, he knew exactly what Diaz was going to try and didn't fall for any of it. Anyone saying all he did was run away the entire fight are out of their minds, he didn't stay pinned up against the cage and let Diaz pepper him with shots over and over, he got out of there while returning fire. Carlos actually won in the striking department as well, Diaz threw more shots but hit mostly air while Carlos landed more while throwing less. People can say Diaz controlled the fight by backing Carlos into the cage, but you could also say Carlos controlled the fight by making Diaz come to him, so I think that point is null and void.

Diaz throwing a bitch fit and saying things like "he just ran away and threw baby kicks, I guess that's how they win here, and I don't get paid enough" and his other bullshit just reinforces my belief that he's not a top tier fighter. A real champion would have just admitted defeat even if they didn't agree with the judges before saying "I'll learn from this and I'll be back". But no, he fought someone who wouldn't play his game so he's going to take his ball and go home. I don't buy his retirement though, Dana says he has at least one fight left on his contract, but I have a strong feeling that if he fights again he'll be bitching that "I'm only doing this because they wouldn't let me out of the contract I signed". And if for some reason Dana did let him try boxing, I've no doubt that he'd come running back to MMA after getting his ass kicked once or twice.

Condit wasn't just the better fighter last night, he IS a better fighter than Nick Diaz.

Nelson/Werdum - Roy looked good out there with his trimming figure, but Werdum looked far better. At this point, I seriously believe Roy's head is made of reinforced concrete, he can take a punch. I know he's now 1-3 in his last 4, but after showing that he's willing to improve and giving a FOTN performance, I think his job is safe. I'd rank him as a fringe top 10, he'll never be an elite HW due to his somewhat small size and age, but he's a far better fighter than gatekeepers like Kongo and Gonzaga. I think his future will be as the gatekeeper to the top 10 while maybe breaking into it himself on occasion with the years he has left. As for Werdum, I want to say put him in there with Frank Mir, but that doesn't seem fair to Mir since he's on a 3 fight winning streak.

Koshcheck/Pierce - Josh looked like total crap last night and said later at the press conference that he's split with AKA, he better find a good camp and soon because he should have dominated Pierce, not squeaked by.

Coconut Chucker, nice to see you here!

Diaz holding Condit's ankle should have been punished. That was lack of sportsmanship, at best.
Nelson is impressive. Rocky Balboa anyone?

His chin is as solid as it gets but he needs to change his training if he really wants to reach the top because at this time Roy has been basically a punching bag in 2 of his last 4 (Dos Santos and Werdum).

As for Diaz, he needs to grow the fuck up. I like his fighting style but not his attitude.

"I literally just got off my computer to watch that first round again," he said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "And I thought, you'd have to be insane to think a guy chasing the other guy down, landing the significant punches, and running after a guy, trying to fight a guy who will not fight, that is scared to fight, and you lose? How do I tell my fighter what he should have done better? It takes two men to fight. If one guy doesn't fight, that should be a point deducted."

Gracie said that the judges' scoring might have been personal rather than unbiased.

"I don't think the judges like Nick," he said. "He comes off, he talks in the ring... Carlos was running at one point, and Nick slapped him in the face said, 'Quit running.' We were there for a dogfight. Carlos said he'd provide for the fans a dogfight, a great fight where they were going to go at it. That was not a dogfight. It takes two to make a dogfight. One guy running away is not a dogfight.

"I don't know what the judges were looking at," he continued. "They've never liked Nick in Vegas. They've never voted for him in a decision. The only one was the BJ Penn fight, and he almost had to kill BJ to get that one. I don't think they like his attitude, a guy that's going to go out there and talk. I think they think he's disrespectful. They're going to find a reason to judge against him. I don't think he can get fair judging in that state at all."

whaambulance.jpg

Man, it must suck living in a world where you can do no wrong yet everyone is always out to get you. Diaz, his entire camp, and his fans are in total denial of reality.

@danawhite The rumor is true. Carlos did accept the fight today and Carlos is coming on Friday not thur.

Rumor? Re-match?

So Diaz has been popped for weed and will probably be finned $80,000 (40% of his purse) and suspended for 1 year, it's like an early birthday gift for me. So his fans have gone from calling the decision loss bullshit to calling marijuana laws bullshit. They've actually gone as far as to say this is a witch hunt and further proof people in power are out to screw him over, it's not really his fault, and he didn't do anything wrong because pot should be legal. It's fucking hilarious, if Condit had been the one to get caught, you know damn well they'd be all over it and calling for his head. They're also saying this is a huge money loss for the UFC, they love to say Diaz is a huge draw while the number tell a totally different story, his fight with BJ did around 260k buys while 143 only did 400k with 3 full Primetime specials and it being a (interim) title fight. He might have a loyal following on the internet, but a top draw he is not, not by a long shot.

Personally, I'm in favor of legalizing marijuana. I've never used it myself (believe it or not), but I've been around friends who use it and I see no reason for it to be illegal. That being said, Diaz has been busted for this before and he knew damn well it was illegal, so I have no sympathy for him, he deserves everything that's coming to him. I doubt it will teach him a lesson, and when you're almost 30 with a "fuck all yall!" attitude like this, that's not someone to cheer and admire, it's someone to pitty.

Last edited:
Diaz brings this stuff on himself, this isn't a witch hunt, it is his own actions that caused this.

I guess that means that the re-match isn't happening... :p

Last edited:
I guess that means that the re-match isn't happening... :p

I like Diaz fighting style, but I'm hardly a fanboy of his. I've already said that Cnodit had the right plan and deserved the win and I am not gonna make excuses or argue this. So you can stick your tongue out all you like.

Last edited:
I like Diaz fighting style, but I'm hardly a fanboy of his. I've already said that Cnodit had the right plan and deserved the win and I am not gonna make excuses or argue this. So you can stick your tongue out all you like.

Dude, you are reading way to much into this...

Dude, you are reading way to much into this...

I think there was a simple misunderstanding here. Karoug was just making a joke about Diaz getting busted and his undeserved rematch going up in smoke (hence the :p), and LC took it as being serious.

Anyway, the first UFC Fuel card is in a few days, and it continues the trend of my general lack of interest in the cards overall.

Diego Sanchez vs Jake Ellenberger - Thanks to Condit's victory and Diaz probably being benched for the next year, the rest of the WW's have a chance to shine and grab some attention, they also no longer have to worry about the brass catering to Diaz and his bullshit. Jake is coming off that huge KO of Shields and already has a win over Condit, so if he scores another impressive victory here I believe with out a doubt he should be getting a shot sometime this spring or summer if Carlos is going to be defending his belt. On the other hand, I really like Diego and think he's a good well rounded fighter, but he's not elite. If Diego manages to beat Jake at all, even if it's another questionable score like the Kampmann fight, I'm sure he'll get a title shot just because of his marketability despite not really having earned it.

I'm going with Ellenberger because while Sanchez might have the heart of a lion, he's been out for for a year, and if it goes to the card I don't think they will rule in his favor this time.

Jake by KO round 2.

Stefan Struve vs Dave Herman - Every time Struve fights, they talk about how much potential he has, but I think his recent history proves that his ceiling is considerably lower than most people originally thought. I know I've said it before, but he just continues to either refuse or is unable to fight like a guy who's near 7ft tall. His chin is also very questionable but I'm not going to go as far as to say he has a glass jaw just yet. He really needs to find a new camp or at least spend some time with Jon Jones at Jacksons to realize how to effectively use that 84 inch reach of his. I'm not impressed by Herman's 21-2 record because it's mostly padding, but I think he's skilled enough to easily get past Struve's lankyness and find his jaw, and if Einemo wasn't able to drag him to the ground then Struve sure as hell isn't either.

Herman by KO/TKO round 1.

So, it appears Overeen and Cigano is going to happen!
Can?t wait to see it!

So now the Diaz brothers/Camp Gracie are claiming Condit only accepted the rematch after he found out about the test results... I have no words for how stupid that bullshit is.

Nick-Diaz-v-Carlos-Condit-UFC_2713389.jpg

Last edited:
Quick predictions.

Struve - not sure how, submission seems likely.

Sancez Vs Ellenberger - not sure how to pick this one really, tentatively leaning towards Diego but Ellenberger could end this one violently. Diego by decision.

Well done to Jake, he survived a tough third round to get the win.

The main event really should have been 5 rounds, I think if they had 2 more to go then Diego would have wound up the winner since Jake seemed to fade a good bit in the 3rd. Diego needs to go back to the drawing board because he's really leveled off as a fighter and hasn't shown any sign of evolution in a long long time. That being said, I do think Jake should get a shot at Condit sometime this spring/summer but I don't think he'll end up posing much of a threat, we'll see what happens.

It was nice to see Struve using his range a bit more effectively, but he still leaves himself open to counter punches way too much. If he keeps going like this, he's going to end up as the worlds largest gatekeeper.