2012 FG Fantasy Baseball: Harder Better Faster Stronger

teletubby-warrior

Da Superfan
Is it too early? Maybe Hell no, it's not!

After talking with a few guys who played in the league last year, I've decided that introducing some prizes and, in turn, raising the stakes may go a long way in getting the competitive juices flowing and making things more fun for everyone involved. If there's enough interest, I'd love to turn the league into a money league, with money prizes handed out to the teams finishing 1st-3rd. If everyone is up for it, I'll also throw in a custom-made trophy/plague for the champion free of charge.

Anyway, I've spoken with Quiky and Viper and have gotten the go ahead, so here I am gauging interest. :D

Entrance fees/final payouts are completely fluid right now, as I'm not sure what people are willing to pay for a spot in the league, so if we go by the standard structure of 50/30/20, here's what we'd be looking at with a 10-team league ($25 buy-in):

Entrance Fee: $25

1st (50%) - $125 + Championship trophy/plaque
2nd (30%) - $75
3rd (20%) - $50

Total Payout: $250

Obviously, this is just quick reference point; everything depends on the size of the league/entrance fee. :) All the money will be collected, held, and paid out at the end of the season by https://leaguesafe.com/, so everyone's money will be secure.

I've started this thread early in order to ensure that we have plenty of time to decide everything we'd like to do, so I need some feedback!

1. Are you interested in playing in the 2012 FG Fantasy Baseball Money League?
2. If so, how much would you be willing to pay for a spot?
3. Is everyone alright sticking with ESPN Fantasy Baseball?

I can't wait to hear what you guys have to say... here's to another season of baseball! :beer:

1) Yes
2) $0
3) Yes

1) yes
2) i've played in leagues with a $100 buy-in, $25 seems fine to me
3) yes

I was with you on the invite to play over PM until I found out you wanted to do a money league.

I was with you on the invite to play over PM until I found out you wanted to do a money league.
Frankly, a money league is the only way I can think of to ensure competitiveness and activity throughout the season. It's sad that that's the case, but I'm not sure I want to invest any more time playing in a league with abandoned teams, practically no trades, and the most somber atmosphere I've ever experienced in a fantasy league...

Everyone who participates in the MLB threads is knowledgeable and fun to chat with, which is why I sincerely hope we can field at least a 10-team league this year and have everyone play from start to finish, win some prizes, and have some goddamn fun!

So far, including myself, we have three people who are in... and Ben on the fence. :p

"Bite me" = on the fence? :p

I'm down, as long as you all are fine with my schedual and.occasional absence.

I think I'm going to pass on the league this year. I usually start out being very active with my team but as we get into summer I end up getting very busy and either don't have time to check the league or just forget about it. Honestly though, I just don't like the roto style league. Its very boring to me, thats just my opinion of it.

Good luck to everyone.

Have yet to hear from many regulars, despite sending out PMs and waiting for nearly a month. Pitchers and catchers report very soon; ESPN's site is all set up for 2012 leagues...

Is this going to happen this year?

I am very much game, as I am free until at least June... though I'll be gone for 3 months afterwards. :|

Well, I give up. I see we can't field a 12-team money league here, so free it is. Might as well play in two leagues this year. :p

ESPN's new site is a bit rough at the moment and I can't set up a invite password, so...

Anyone who is interested in playing in a FREE 12-team roto 5x5 league, just like last years, please PM me your name and email address, so I can send you an invite. :)

Once/if we have 12 teams, we'll vote on a draft date/time.

Last edited:
I'm in and I'm totally going to run a train on 4th or 5th place.

I think I'm going to pass on the league this year. I usually start out being very active with my team but as we get into summer I end up getting very busy and either don't have time to check the league or just forget about it. Honestly though, I just don't like the roto style league. Its very boring to me, thats just my opinion of it.

Good luck to everyone.

I'm gonna have to say the same. I would've been more active the last coupe years, but I just can't get into roto for some reason. It doesn't appeal to me as much as h2h.....but good luck to everyone and have fun!

If you're scared about coming last, don't be. I have that spot covered :D