2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Surprised there isn't a thread for this by now.

I've got great hopes for our ski jumping team, in the latest cup we managed to conquer the entire podium and if we continue to show such form, we have at least the group events in the bag.

On the other hand, I think our ice hockey team can just go home now, since they've been grouped with the Czech Republic, USA and Russia, 4th, 6th and 3rd team currently in the world, where as we're a measly 17th and I've no idea how we even managed to qualify for the OG... :(

Top man Ice!

:thumbsup:

I will be watching the Alpine skiing events, Ice Hockey, Freestyle Skiiing and Ski-X, etc.

Hoping for a bunch of medals in cross country and biathlon for Norway...

I get winter-sports, I just don?t care about them.

:angel:

I'm hopeful the Canadian hockey team will get another medal. What colour I'm not sure, there are a lot of stacked teams out there. While I highly doubt we'll get as many medals as we did in Vancouver, hopefully we'll be in the top ten.

This is the BBC Trailer that's been shown for the last month:

[video=youtube;b-lsSKOlV0I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-lsSKOlV0I[/video]

A bit gothic and weird, the BBC does whacky for the Winter Olympics.

The Events - and my level of interest!

Alpine skiing *****
Biathlon ***
Bobsleigh *****
Cross-country skiing **
Curling ***
Figure skating - meh no stars - it's rubbish!
Freestyle skiing ****
Ice Hockey *****
Luge ***
Nordic combined ***
Short track speed skating **
Skeleton ****
Ski jumping ***
Snowboarding **
Speed skating ***

:p

Alan Davies was on the Graham Norton chat show last night trailing a new TV show on the Winter Olympics. (For US residents, I think Graham Norton Show is screened this weekend and also featured Matthew McConaughey & Julianne Moore.)

Alan Davies Apr?s-Ski - new Winter Olympics comedy for BBC Two

BBC TV said:
Alan Davies is to present a new programme to coincide with the Winter Olympics for BBC Two. Alan Davies Apr?s-Ski is a 3x30-minute comedy entertainment show, produced by So Television, which will air on Fridays at 10pm from 7 February, and will coincide with the beginning, middle and end of the 2014 Winter Olympics.

The first show will feature the opening ceremony.

Hosted by Alan Davies, comedian, actor and sports fan, the series was commissioned by Controller of BBC Two, Janice Hadlow, Controller of Entertainment Commissioning, Mark Linsey, and BBC Commissioning Editor, Alan Tyler.

Executive produced by Graham Stuart for So Television and Alan Tyler for the BBC, the series is produced by Mark Barrett. Recorded in front of a studio audience, each episode will air later the same evening.

Alan Davies will be joined by a range of domestic and international guests from the worlds of sport and comedy to take an entertaining look at The Games, in a show that will complement the rest of the BBC?s Winter Olympics coverage. The show will feature the action from Sochi, classic moments from past games, and will try to capture the Russian Olympic experience.

Alan Tyler, BBC Executive Editor for Entertainment Commissioning, says: "Alan is one of the best comic performers in the UK and a huge sports fan. We are delighted he is fronting what will be a fun take on a huge sporting event.?

Graham Stuart, Director, So Television and executive producer of the series adds: "This is a perfect vehicle for Alan and we look forward to delivering an alternative perspective on the Winter Games.?

(Alan Davies is a comedian/actor, QI resident and SIARPC S2 E10.)

I'm pumped! I think I'm going to try to DRAMATICALLY alter my sleep schedule to watch all the things live. Replay olympics sucks, too many spoilers, not enough tension.

I don't care for non-freestyle ski disciplines (yes I know that's the entire winter olympics to a lot of people). I will watch the hell everything else. Especially figure skating. Except I don't really mean especially and ice dance is totally lame. Can't wait to see some weak nations get destroyed in hockey and curling prelims, that's always fun/sad. All in all though I just love olympics.

I have a secret love for curling. The way they brush is just, just ... so sexy!

potd-snow_2810361k.jpg