Clear All

Comment

911 Carrera 2

Comment

1. Corvette C6
        2. BMW 335i
        3. Volvo V70 T6

Comment

Last edited by C3Vette; November 25th, 2009, 1:08 PM.

Comment

I've no interest in buying a completely brand new car that is only going to lose 30% of its sticker price within the first 12 months. Still, I'll bite. The following cars are within the limit. Just.

Probably a 2009 Jaguar XF X250 which are around the AUD$90-110k mark. I was filling up my car at a Shell one afternoon in Adelaide. There was the usual array of Falcodores and a couple of Korean shopping trolleys, when suddenly a black Jag XF stalks its way menacingly onto the forecourt growling softly, seemingly eyeing up the prey, before the owner just gunned it back onto the road and away (the V-Power pumps were out of order). It was an awesome sight and I fell in love with it there and then.

Could probably wangle an Audi A5 MY10 S-tronic Quattro for around AUD $110k if I feel motivated enough to beat the dealer down.

Compared to the first two options, my third will seem a lit low rent, but I really love the Holden Calais V. Fully optioned, natch, in black or maroon (whatever the marketing equivelent is). Superb value (probably only beaten by the Ford G6E-T, though that does nothing for me styling wise) punching above it's weight by taking on the German luxury executive market. This would set me back around AUD$55000.
            Last edited by Red_Bull; November 25th, 2009, 1:43 PM.
            ??

Comment

In Singapore, for S$145,000, you can have a new BMW 320i SE, or a new S2000 2.2.

But if you go used, you can have an M3 or a clean low-mileage C55!

Special thanks to darkshark0159 for the FG shirt

Comment

Moved thread to game forum.
                1986 BMW E23 735i Goodbye...
                1996 BMW E36 328i Touring Executive R.I.P.
                2001 Mercedes-Benz W203 C220 CDI Classic ...Aaaand it's gone
                2003 BMW E46 330dA Touring Lifestyle Edition
                2014 Renault Clio Tce 90 S&S Expression Pack Introduction
                Rental roulette: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Comment

63 421 British pounds = 397 725.359 Israeli shekels

I'd have a Lancer Evolution X. (372,300 ILS)

Comment

Wow, so Israel cars cost just about as much as in Singapore?
                    397,725.359 ILS = 145,928.971 SGD
                    And a JDM EVO X 2.0 GSR (M) costs $146,988.

What about other cars? BMW 320i? It costs $144,000 here, same in Israel too?

Comment

Yes. The question really is if you had a maximum of that much to spend on a car cause the rest of your life was sorted financially, what would you get? If all you want is a fiat 500, no matter how much money you had, that is entirely reasonable.

Originally posted by katwalk View Post
                      Where are you coming up with these numbers?
                      It's last week's budget backwards.
                      Last edited by camelfarmer; November 25th, 2009, 5:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stevanford1 View Post
                        aw poop thats what i get for reading the forums in class.....

Comment

Originally posted by Homer_Bart View Post
                          Wow, so Israel cars cost just about as much as in Singapore?
                          397,725.359 ILS = 145,928.971 SGD
                          And a JDM EVO X 2.0 GSR (M) costs $146,988.

What about other cars? BMW 320i? It costs $144,000 here, same in Israel too?
                          An automatic BMW 320i costs 289,900 ILS, or roughly 107,000 SGD. And I thought that BMWs were overpriced here...

Comment

linkage
                            “Relationships - of all kinds - are like sand held in your hand. Held loosely, with an open hand, the sand remains where it is. The minute you close your hand and squeeze tightly to hold on, the sand trickles through your fingers. You may hold onto it, but most will be spilled. A relationship is like that. Held loosely, with respect and freedom for the other person, it is likely to remain intact. But hold too tightly, too possessively, and the relationship slips away and is lost.” ? Kaleel Jamison, The Nibble Theory and the Kernel of Power: A Book about Leadership, Self-Empowerment, and Personal Growth

Originally posted by Blind_Io
                            Comic Sans is the font of Satan.

Comment

Originally posted by Final Daihatsu View Post
                              An automatic BMW 320i costs 289,900 ILS, or roughly 107,000 SGD. And I thought that BMWs were overpriced here...
                              Then Evo's are overpriced, or maybe it's because they are further away from Japan than Singapore
                              What about Audi or Volkswagen then?

A6 3.0TFSI Tiptronic costs $238,000 (651,173 ILS).

New gen. Golf GTi DSG 3 door costs $139,000 (353,849 ILS).

Comment

Audi A6 3.0 TFSI V6 Quattro Automatic - 507,300 ILS (186,000 SGD) - lower

Volkswagen Golf VI GTI 3dr DSG - 205,000 ILS (75,200 SGD) - lower

I call lolwut, how is it possible to buy cars in Singapore? XD

Comment

Top Gear Rullz 4ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Final Daihatsu View Post
                                    Audi A6 3.0 TFSI V6 Quattro Automatic - 507,300 ILS (186,000 SGD) - lower

Volkswagen Golf VI GTI 3dr DSG - 205,000 ILS (75,200 SGD) - lower

I call lolwut, how is it possible to buy cars in Singapore? XD
                                    Wow, for $75k, you can only buy a new shape Mazda 3 1.6 auto (), and for $186k, you can only have the new A6 with the non-quattro, normal spec 2.0TFSI.

That's why most of the population takes the bus, and the train, leaving the roads free and rather uncongested to those who deserve it
                                    Last edited by Homer_Bart; November 26th, 2009, 4:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tranceporter View Post
                                      what do people typically drive in denmark? (sorry for going off topic)
                                      Last edited by M3lover; November 26th, 2009, 3:07 PM.

Comment

You win. XDDD

Comment

Originally posted by Homer_Bart View Post
                                          That's why most of the (poorer) population takes the bus, and the train, leaving the roads free and rather uncongested to those who deserve it/can pay for it
                                          Wow, way to come off as a pious asshole .

It probably wasn't your intention, but try to be a little more careful with your phrasing next time
                                          ??

Comment

Working...
                                          X