Samoter - heavy industrial machinery equipment exhibition - Verona, Italy

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Just returned from gawking some quite heavy duty machinery (i've been to one before if some of you will remember). We were in a bit of a hurry, so not plenty pics unfortunatelly. I really liked the multiple spotlight lighting, I assume the same as they use at car shows. Speaking of which, damn i wish i was in Geneva right now... Anyway, on with the pics:

First off, our own product, at one of our clients' booth:

screen.jpg

Now, on with the show. The clamps! (for reference, just one of those jaws was as tall as me):

clamps.jpg

More clamps! This one probably eats cars or something:

giant.jpg

When the going gets tough, the tough get a bigger drill:

drill.jpg

Or a bigger digger:

hitachi.jpg

Quite a lot of companies make standard tracks units. Just plop your own machine on and off you go. Didn't see any tank turrets, must have been in a different hall.

tracks.jpg

Now for some "x-hundred BHP, y-thousand Nm" engines. They looked purdy under the lighting:

diesel.jpg

scania.jpg

volvo.jpg

Lastly, probably won't get anyone else's panties in a twist, but I really loved the production quality of this piece. The welds were obviously robotic, everything was cnc machined down to perfection. Also made out of special wear resistant metal called Hardox, so its pretty finish will remain for quite a long time, even with heavy usage.

scoop.jpg

</enginerd>

Reactions: Jay
Nice pictures! I don't really know why but I absolutely love heavy machinery.

Because inside every man is a 6 year old boy who still likes cranes, bulldozers and fire trucks.

Because inside every man is a 6 year old boy who still likes cranes, bulldozers and fire trucks.

Exactly. My father was a civil engineer for the Wisconsin DOT, and he used to take me out "to the field" so I could watch all the construction equipment in action, and brought me home construction machinery trade magazines I would pour over like they were Hustler's. :lol: