Random Thoughts... [Photographic Edition]

A) they hve different flange focal distances
B) m4/3 are honking great tanks next to actual compacts

Well, it's a different mount. You do get an adapter, though. Thing is, the whole idea of ?4/3 is to shorten the registry distance (no mirror), which magically makes everything tiny.

Zeiss Ikon Ikophot
How much should i be paying for this? Its going to be used with my hanimex.. Which has its own lightmeter but its tad slow and indecisive...

A) Ricoh just announced a interchangable camera. Guess what size the camera's sensor is.... you're wrong, it doesn't have one. The lens, sensor, and processor are one interchangable module. At launch they'll have a 50/2.5 APS-C module, and a 24-70/2.5-4.4 module with a tiny CCD - equivalent focal lengths. Neato burrito, but look at the size of the 50, not pocketable at all, therefore pointless.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0911/09111001ricohgxr.asp

B)
Well, it's a different mount. You do get an adapter, though. Thing is, the whole idea of ?4/3 is to shorten the registry distance (no mirror), which magically makes everything tiny.

yeah dawg, just like Leica M lenses. Them things is tiny.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW_CF9D9zOw[/YOUTUBE]

Ouch...

Well, it hit the lens, and it does look like one of Nikon's pro lenses, and they're sturdy enough. It's not like there's any real difference in build quality of the pro lenses between the manufacturers. The mount could get ripped off, though, seen that a couple of times, both on Canon 1D/s bodies and Dx-bodies. But that sort of thing has happened to my Oly gear a thousand times, haven't done anything to it (neither, may I add, will it normally do anything to a pro NIkon or Canon). But it could happen, so it's best avoided.

Edit: Oh, and the Leica 50mm f/0.95 isn't all that tiny. :p

Last edited:
Damage or not, I still felt pain...:lol:

why fog is so freaking prone to noise? tiny bit of adjustment in ACR and its full of noise (350D, ISO200)

A) Ricoh just announced a interchangable camera. Guess what size the camera's sensor is.... you're wrong, it doesn't have one. The lens, sensor, and processor are one interchangable module. At launch they'll have a 50/2.5 APS-C module, and a 24-70/2.5-4.4 module with a tiny CCD - equivalent focal lengths. Neato burrito, but look at the size of the 50, not pocketable at all, therefore pointless.

That looks really interesting.

I don't know if I'd say pointless, in fact the point is that the lens is basically the camera. I you want pocketable, slide the appropriate lens in, if you need HQ slide in something else.

It makes sense, but I was kinda hoping the sensor was also separate, a complete system like MF.

This is just a guess, but you usually want fog to be bright, yes? Your camera will have seen the fog and exposed it very grey.

well it is gray, but theres a lot of noise without any adjustments at all..

It's a common problem, I guess it's a bit like when you use an extreme tele lens, and get atmospheric disturbances that ruin IQ.

:)

On another note, I've spent the evening chatting with an old french fashion photographer, he had a studio in NY and Paris, he's freelanced for Magnum, and was a close personal friend of Cartier-Bresson. Cool guy.

Any opinions about LensPen DSLR SensorKlear ?

if this

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/images/images345x345/504333.jpg

is what you mean. I have the same, only it says Pentax. Cool thing, cleans nicely and the brush is great too!

EDIT: a friend found a site, of a store where they sell nikon lenses and cameras (3 lenses, D3 and D300 only tho) at HALF THE PRICE!
We can't figure it out... I think I'll go check. D3 for around 2000 EUR. That looks fishy to me. And only 1 year warranty...

Last edited:
EDIT: a friend found a site, of a store where they sell nikon lenses and cameras (3 lenses, D3 and D300 only tho) at HALF THE PRICE!
We can't figure it out... I think I'll go check. D3 for around 2000 EUR. That looks fishy to me. And only 1 year warranty...

Got a link?

visit the place.. if you get the merchandise with the price they are asking for, please tell ill order some stuff :D