Good P&S for us DSLR Snobs?

Cellos88GT

Car(s)
2 Fox Mustangs and a '00 VFR
So I need to find myself a P&S for the times that I can't lug around my D50 and kit (e.g. sporting events, concerts, etc.). My problem however, is that I need this P&S to cost under $300. I was browsing KEH.com and noticed that they're selling some Canon G7s in LN and EX+ condition for $250, does anyone have any personal experience with the G7? I've read that it's a decent camera and that it has some noise issue but, I really want to know it's speed; is it painfully slow like regular P&Ss?

I'm willing to take in all recommendations as long as the camera is fast, which I know is quite a tall order for P&S. Thanks in advance for the help. Cheers.

Last edited:
I have a D50 too, and too wanted something small to carry around in my pocket. I bought a Panasonic TZ7, as did idk very recently. I would certainly recomend it, and I'm sure he would as well. Very good little camera and very quick.

Thread which was about 2 down from this one.

Try looking next time before hitting the new thread button :idiot: He had extremely similar needs to you.

If you're willing to spend a little more $400 range....i'd recommend the Canon Powershot G11 and Sigma SP2

Thread which was about 2 down from this one.

Try looking next time before hitting the new thread button :idiot: He had extremely similar needs to you.

That thread would be fine if I was looking for a regular P&S. Part of the reason I made this thread is because I want to see if there are any personal opinions on the Canon G7. The thread you've linked contains no discussion the G7 therefore it is useless to me.

Yeah, and a post in that thread that says "Hey guys, what do you think of the Canon G7" is way too much work...

Yeah, and a post in that thread that says "Hey guys, what do you think of the Canon G7" is way too much work...

With my luck it would've gotten ignored. However, this thread is proving to be pretty useless anyways.

Well I ended getting a Canon G9 for $270 shipped. :D I'm very excited. I can't wait for it to arrive! I'll let you know what I think upon arrival and a few test shots.