file downloading woes

LeVeL

Forum Addict
I reformatted my computer a few days ago and need to reinstall Canon's EOS Utility in order to download photos from my camera. Trouble is, the CDs are back home and I'm at school. I have Windows 7 and I can get to the pictures through My Computer but it will only let me copy the files one-by-one, which I am not doing for a few hundred shots; bulk copy gives me a permission error or something. Can't find the software anywhere online, only updates for it. Any ideas?

I've been using the card reader in my machine. saves on the battery as well. its worked for me.

canon does not have windows 7 support yet... change your cam to printer/ptp-mode then connect it to the cam and let win7 default camera downloader do the trick. Tends to be a slow one if you havent deleted the empty folders in your CF.

Doesn't Windows 7 just recognize a camera's PTP connection? I just copy the files directly from my camera to my hard drive, I have no camera mfr. software on my XP install.

I would use the card reader, looks like the default driver isn't working right if you can't do bulk copies. Are you sure it isn't just one file that's failing? (this generally halts the whole copy process).