How do I preserve EXIF data on files processed thru photoshop?I have an EXIF data que

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y
I have an EXIF data question, when I tweak some of my shots on Photoshop, I was told the EXIF data would remain intact but *boom* it's gone when I resave the new image. Can anyone tell me how to preserve all the shot/exposure info when I run them thru photoshop?

I'm currently using an old copy of Photoshop 5.5 if that helps.

Which file formats do you put into Photoshop, and which formats do you save your pictures in?

and do you play with layers and lens correction etc.. if you lose your original bottom layer, the exif is gone also. lens correction does that in photoshop.

jpg -> jpg and no i don't play with layers or lens correction, only minor color saturation and contrast tweaks

if you lose your original bottom layer, the exif is gone also.

Not true.

You're photoshop is very old, so I don't know. But if you're using save for web, it nixes the EXIF by default unless you change the setting to keep it.

^ well then why it does it when i do lens correction and it makes a layer 0.. then save jpg

do you copy/cut the picture and paste it into a new file? If so then layers or not, you will lose exif

Nope, I am overwriting and saving the original file. So far looks like nobody has a clear explanation for me other than the possibility I am using a really old version of Photoshop that is incapable of saving EXIF data. Time to look into some modern photo editing software.