FINALGEAR TOY CAR WORLD TOUR Pt.2 - Zastava 101 Edition

I dunno. I think Redliner may be busy with that life malarkey

The Zastava is on its way to Florida!

Sorry it took me 2 months...I wanted to take it to a Hungarian Food Festival, so I took a little longer.
Also, the Post Office me advised me to send it to Florida because apparently stuff goes "missing" when sent to Honduras...Oh the joys of living in Central/South America...

ANYWAY!

The trip begins in the Netherlands, where we went to look at old stuff:
(Maastricht Museum)
yrnHi7w.jpg

Of course we stopped for some fried food.
UbxLGzX.jpg

More old stuff, this time in Brazil.
More specifically, the lab where I work.
x0lUMKR.jpg

At this point the Zastava was a little homesick, so I took it to a Hungarian Restaurant, because that was the closest I could get to his homeland cuisine.
ZL4I6Am.jpg

He loved the stuffed peppers.
7fqwLxI.jpg

Finally, I took it to the entrance to the city, where we have a symbol of the state: the guy with the lasso.
iSCIcE1.jpg

It is a symbol of the time when all we did was raise cattle, and those guys would round them up using the the lasso, hence the name "O La?ador", "The Cattle Lassoer(?)".
5vVWf1V.jpg

Anyway. Have a safe trip little car.

Yes indeed, Redliner was warned about the dangers of Honduran shipment (at least give us a chance you ethanol-fueled civil servants :p) and he has sent it to my postbox in Florida. As for me, I now have a shipping number that I hope will make sense sometime in the next week or so when the package makes it into the US.

As the tracking box of the .br post office seems to be broken. :|

*clenching intensifies*

Yes indeed, Redliner was warned about the dangers of Honduran shipment (at least give us a chance you ethanol-fueled civil servants :p) and he has sent it to my postbox in Florida. As for me, I now have a shipping number that I hope will make sense sometime in the next week or so when the package makes it into the US.

As the tracking box of the .br post office seems to be broken. :|

*clenching intensifies*
Weird...the spanish version does not work :|
Try here:
http://globaltracktrace.ptc.post/gtt.web/Search.aspx

Great, good to see some progress!

Did you get any money, 47? Is it meant to come from Ringmeet fund or from individual donations?

Great, good to see some progress!

Did you get any money, 47? Is it meant to come from Ringmeet fund or from individual donations?

I dunno :lol:

Well, there was mention of the Ringmeet fund before it all started, and that would probably be the easier option, instead of 20 people pitching in a buck.
And, of cours, if everyone is okay with that. Should wait for thomas to get back from the states for that, probably.

To update, earlier this afternoon I got a text from my courier saying a package has arrived.

Prepare for Moto X Pure shots.

I dunno :lol:

Well, there was mention of the Ringmeet fund before it all started, and that would probably be the easier option, instead of 20 people pitching in a buck.
And, of cours, if everyone is okay with that. Should wait for thomas to get back from the states for that, probably.

Just PM me your details for PayPal - I'll send you five bucks towards it later today.

I have some good news and some bad news

The good news.

The bad news.

I shit you not, that is how it arrived. Apparently the plastic holder on the box broke down and the poor shite bounced around the box while it got flown and sorted. We have a lot of cracks on the translucent box and the car has lost its wing mirrors and is quite scratched. I'll get more detailed pics soon.

Last edited:
Holy crap! I guess a restauration has to come up somewhere along the road...I know the colour-code and could get paint ready if it would come my way at some point. And I hope you're able to re-glue the mirrors or at least preserve them in a way someone else can do it...

And the big one's paint can be rubbed off with a damp cloth...so it's not that dissimilar after all.

The good news.

The bad news.

I shit you not, that is how it arrived. Apparently the plastic holder on the box broke down and the poor shite bounced around the box while it got flown and sorted. We have a lot of cracks on the translucent box and the car has lost its wing mirrors and is quite scratched. I'll get more detailed pics soon.

Oh, damn! Didn't see that coming, it looks pretty bad, must've been a bumpy ride.

Holy crap! I guess a restauration has to come up somewhere along the road...I know the colour-code and could get paint ready if it would come my way at some point. And I hope you're able to re-glue the mirrors or at least preserve them in a way someone else can do it...

And the big one's paint can be rubbed off with a damp cloth...so it's not that dissimilar after all.

Yeah, if he can't reattach the mirrors just keep them safe with the car, then we'll fix them eventually, and get the whole car refurbished, either back here or somewhere else.

And I hope you're able to re-glue the mirrors or at least preserve them in a way someone else can do it...

Yeah, if he can't reattach the mirrors just keep them safe with the car, then we'll fix them eventually, and get the whole car refurbished, either back here or somewhere else.

Um...Yeah...More bad news then. After I took the pictures I opened the box inside of the car, it was easy, one of the corners has been shattered, and it seems everything not actually bolted to the car fell off, this included both mirrors. I've not searched every single inch of carpet in that thing for the 0.2x0.2 cm squares, they are gone. I'll take another look around but it seems that they are really and truly missing. instead, I have found the screw that was supposed to keep the zastava in place. I've bolted it and put a little piece of electrical tape over the top of the screw so it stops it from slipping again.

I'll take it around the sights tomorrow and get more pics.

Isn't the one mirror still attached in the picture or what am I missing?

:(

Shit, I am so sorry it had such a bumpy ride.

Did you get the keychain?

So, 2 trips and it's upside down and missing some pieces, yeah, that's the old FinalGear/TopGear touch, I suspect after the next trip it will arrive on fire. :p

Last edited:
:(

Shit, I am so sorry it had such a bumpy ride.

Did you get the keychain?

I did, and a lovely keychain it is too. Thanks for sending it to me.
Isn't the one mirror still attached in the picture or what am I missing?

It was, but it was only held on by physics and the will of the almighty, when we opened the box it fell from the car and disappeared into the aether. Fortunately, after I wrote the post about not being able to find them despite looking through every inch of the car, momaasc stepped into it and instantly found a teeny little silver rectangle in an extremely obvious location (Mothers seem to be able to apply quantum teleportation like that :p). I hope she saved it better than most other small things I give to her for safekeeping

Ooh! This is on again! Can I haz a visit?

I'm sure if you reach out to Ice or 47, they'll put you on the list. If your name was on the Little Toy Viper list then it will make its way to you eventually. It could take a bit though.

On related matters, I think (if everyone else is okay with it) that the Little Zastava should spend the season here in Honduras. If mostly to avoid the insanity of Christmas mail and the increased chance of disappearing that it entails.

Last edited:
I did, and a lovely keychain it is too. Thanks for sending it to me.
:D
On related matters, I think (if everyone else is okay with it) that the Little Zastava should spend the season here in Honduras. If mostly to avoid the insanity of Christmas mail and the increased chance of disappearing that it entails.

I agree.