Is this section dead?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this section dead?

This always happens with things like this.* Happened to the photoshop forum, even on a forum the size of FG (ie. a healthy medium size... and the passersby while TG's airing don't count and don't even post outside *shudder* that section) it's hard to keep things going unless it's in a section where the majority of the regulars hang out and feel they're capable of participating. [asshole] It doesn't help when the person running it runs it unilaterally and very slowly [/asshole].

*except on specialized forums where everyone is a photographer/artist/musician/writer/etc
    And on the eighth day: they danced the funky monkey.

Comment

We could try unearthing it from a shallow grave.

But we need some construction workers
      BlaRo: i'm a strong independent black woman....WHO DON'T NEED NO MAN

Comment

I'll run the friggin contest section, I have time on my hands (even if I don't enter most of the contests but that's just me being lazy)
        "Men with guts attack those corners!" - Keiichi Tsuchiya
        2006 Acura TL and 1999 Mazda Miata

Comment

Originally posted by LP View Post
          We could try unearthing it from a shallow grave.

But we need some construction workers
          They have Parkinson's now.
          bogative ?

"Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy." - Colin Chapman
          "If you think about it breast implants aren't much different than braces. Their main purpose is to improve one's appearance, at least that's how it was in my case." - KaJun
          "So the [suspension's] spring seats fail every 2 years, so what? They cost less than $250 to fix. And if a person can't afford that every two years, than maybe he shouldn't own a car at all." - _HighVoltage_ on Volvos.

Comment

Originally posted by LeVeL View Post
            I'll run the friggin contest section, I have time on my hands (even if I don't enter most of the contests but that's just me being lazy)
            Tough to run a contest that nobody bothers entering. But realistically, the contest having few entries was indicative of the entire section slowing down; the section activity has been in decline for some time now, unfortunately, and I think we've all noticed that. It happens to a lot of photo subsections on "established" forums. Only a few people stick to the hobby, while there aren't enough new members to the forum to make up for the people that put the hobby on hiatus or abandon it completely.

Either way, I'm more than happy to run more contests if people are going to participate. I'm sorta unsure of what to do with the 2 "current" ones.
            Last edited by BerserkerCatSplat; October 22nd, 2010, 6:25 AM.

OSPhoto

Comment

Sorry I wasnt active here back when this section was still alive. The car forum I mainly posted on (Jabbas World now known as http://www.motorworld.net/) had the same thing happen only much sooner. It still has photo contest winners on the front page back from 2008. The site has become a ghost town which is why I migrated over here. Not to mention having Andy Wilman visit the site was a nice incentive
              Clarkson: "Why have they never sold mustangs here?"
              May: "Well, because they're rubbish"

Comment

Dead.....

Comment

We should start doing that again...I miss those contests.
                  ?
                  "I'm sure Burger King is doing great in Germany, but they're not exactly stopping making schnitzels."

Comment

Working...
                  X