800 DPI vs. 2000 DPI Laser Mouse

The MX1000 is heavy...and the laser tracking is all hype. I suggest to stay away from wireless mice, especially if you're a gamer. True gamers know wired mice give you the best performance.

The MX518 would be my choice.

AxlxA said:
what are those two side buttons that you're tlaking about viper? the forward/back browser buttons? if so, these are marvelous!

Viper007Bond said:
back/foward buttons for the Internet.

lol thanks.

Another thing about the mx1000. The scroller... you can even do left/right scrolls on a webpage!!!!! I lovethat function when some finglear forum members post images that are too big.

Yeah, it sounds nice, but when I tested the mouse out, I actually found this feature to be annoying because it can tend to scroll from side to side even when you don't really want it too, but you can proabably adjust the sensitivity.

Just a side note regarding this:

jeffy777 said:
AxlxA said:
what are those two side buttons that you're tlaking about viper? the forward/back browser buttons? if so, these are marvelous!

Viper007Bond said:
back/foward buttons for the Internet.

I use Avant Browser, IE based, and you can customize the buttons here to either keyboard or mouse. I have for forward hold down left key+right key (on mouse), for go backwards righ button hold down + left buton. This completely eliminates the need of side buttons, if that's the only thing you need them for. Also, left button + scroll up => move on tab to the rgith, scroll down, move one tab to the left. This is avant browser of course, but I'm sure there must be something similar for Firefox.

Well, just my 0.02$. If you can map forward/backward buttons onto some sort of left/right mouse button combination in Firefox, and are comfortable using that, it might make your choice easier. :)

Dygear said:
Kip_6666 said:

"I want to know eveything about that" What is that mouse?

Anyway, yes you DO notice a diffrence from 800 to 2000dpi. For example, you move the mouse an inch in the real world in 800 the mouse moves from one side of the screen to about 20% more inward towards what ever. With 2000dpi that same movement will make the pointer move clear accross the screen. I know thrilling its'ent it? Anway, that's not the point. The point is, in CS / BF / CoD / UT you can use the 2000dpi to fly 180 when you have to and shoot that guy that's attemping to creep up on you in the head. B/c not only will you rotate faster in 2000dpi you will also have better accuracy. That's enough of me butchering the english language for this post.

Thats because the speed doesn't change correspondingly, where with seperate mice it would.

If you take a 800 dpi mouse and a 2000dpi mouse and have set them up for the same speed they should travel the same distance with the same amount of hand movement.

About wireless gaming. I'm no expert on this, but i've got a wireless MX700 and I've never had any problems with the mouse. In fact, on the CoD nights we do here on the university network, i always win, against people with wired mouses.

I've never experienced any lag or whatsoever on a wireless mouse and therefore I think all that wired mouses for gaming is a bit purism. I can be wrong, i'm no expert. Just my 2 cents.

Viper007Bond said:
Dygear: Looks like a G7 with some weird (but sweet!) color scheme.

Kip_6666 said:
Ooh, forgot what i would go for.

I'd go for the G5, its the replacement for the mx518 so a tad newer. And I like the idea of being able to add and take away weights.

The G7 is the replacement for the mx1000, a wireless mouse. I have a wireless mouse, but to be honest its caused me a few minor practical problems. Like dropping it, and sometimes forgetting to recharge the batteries. Also wireless mice are a bit heavier. So if you like to pick up the mouse while playing games that can be a bit harder.
The lack of two side buttons makes me refuse to buy either G mouse. :?

You could buy me a G5 then you can have my 518 :p

The days of laggy wireless mice are gone. The MX1000 is 2.4 GHz and it's not laggy at all. I played with one for a night (my dad borrowed it from work) and it was sweet. It was a tad heavy which made it a pain to pickup and put back down, but I'd probably get used to it.

Viper007Bond said:
The days of laggy wireless mice are gone. The MX1000 is 2.4 GHz and it's not laggy at all. I played with one for a night (my dad borrowed it from work) and it was sweet. It was a tad heavy which made it a pain to pickup and put back down, but I'd probably get used to it.

So whatcha gonna get?

mx1000 is laggy, trust me. depends on where you plae it too. it can sometimes fuck up with the keyboard isgnals and stalling it all.

Viper007Bond said:

By all means, get the MX1000. Then it will be easier for me to own you!

jeffy777 said:
Viper007Bond said:

So whatcha gonna get?
Probably the MX518, but I dunno.

AxlxA said:
mx1000 is laggy, trust me. depends on where you plae it too. it can sometimes fuck up with the keyboard isgnals and stalling it all.
I have a wired keyboard, the reciever would be ~2 feet from my mouse, and for the 8 hours I used it (including gaming), it wasn't laggy at all.

cvg said:
Viper007Bond said:

By all means, get the MX1000. Then it will be easier for me to own you!
Haha, not a chance, assuming we're talking about Battlefield 2. ;)

Oh, I'm only decent at that. Not crappy, but far from good. :(

http://img227.imageshack.**/img227/4124/doddonner00044zz.th.jpg

All done with an MX500!

Pfft, I've done better than that... :roll:

OREDERED!!! ^_^

Personally I'm going to buy the MX5000 bluetooth combo, which includes the MX1000 mouse. Now already owning a wireless mouse (crappy A4tech one) i know theres no lag in wireless if your reciever is not a huge distance away.

So on the contrary to popular belief wireless mice not only have no detremental affect on gaming performance, they improve it by eliminating the cord tangling and all the other wierd and wonderful things a mouse cord can get up to.