Need help with PC case fans

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
I have 5 80mm fans in my case (2 on the back, 1 on the side, 2 on the front). My old PSU had a fan-only circuit that'd make them quiet, but my new PSU doesn't, so most of them are running at full power and therefore a bit a noisy.

I was thinking of either buying this to split one of my mobo connections:

Or will one of those little black boxes work with this?

Or should I buy something to shove in a 5.5" bay to control my fans? (considering that too)

I think I'm gonna just get this:

I have a fan controller in one of my 3.5 bays and being able to cut the fan speed down really helps with the noise, I'd go that route. Once you find the perfect balance you'll probably hardly touch it.

I was going to suggest a fan controller as well. That way, it's completely customizable and nothing looks cooler than more buttons and knobs on your case ;) (Steve Jobs' head just exploded)

I just went for a case that supported two big 120mm fans, one at the back and one in the front. The nice thing about bigger fans is that they don't need to spin as fast, so you do not need to worry about all that voodoo.

I bought this antec 80mm fan at frys that came with a little 3 position switch to adjust the speed that is built into the fan. It was 9.99 and is a red led.

It also cuts down your CFM. Get a fan controller. Crank it up when you need cooling, crank it down when you're fap'ing.

Only 12mm fans here, all running <800rpm. No need to adjust anything, always quiet :)

WTF? 12mm? Those are like the size of my pinky...

If you want quite and don't mind paying a little more look for the Panasonic Panaflo fans.

Wow, we're going way off-topic here.

I have fans already. They work great. They're just too loud as I don't have a fan-only circuit on my new PSU. So, I need something to quiet them down and was asking what the best solution to do that was. ;)

Wow, we're going way off-topic here.

I have fans already. They work great. They're just too loud as I don't have a fan-only circuit on my new PSU. So, I need something to quiet them down and was asking what the best solution to do that was. ;)

Well obviously buying new ones is the only solution.:p

But your fan control thingy should do the job just fine.

Just bought that Zalman 6 fan controller. Thanks all. :)