Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveclausen/sets/72157603702105276
http://dclausen.net/projects/tfam/

2189297819_78800529c3.jpg

Worthless, but awesome. :lol:

Why? Mainly because I wanted to experiment with creating a custom USB device. Also I guess I wanted to waste hundreds of dollars and countless hours building a semi-useless computer with a 9 inch black and white screen and no arrow keys.
:lol:

He's also earned my respect and hilarity with a badass retro project.

That's totally awesome! MacPaint, here we come! :lol:

I hate it when people do stuff like this on weird anniversarys. 24 years? If he had waited one more year it would have made sense. But 24? Why bother?

I'm with speed. It always bothers me when unusual anniversaries are celebrated unnecessarily. Like shops with 23rd anniversary sales......Seriously? Oh well, props to the guy who pulled this off.

I hate it when people do stuff like this on weird anniversarys. 24 years? If he had waited one more year it would have made sense. But 24? Why bother?

I don't think the point was to make an anniversary edition of the original Macintosh. He said it was mainly to create a custom USB device, and I guess a project based around a classic Mac was more interesting than making a USB clock or something. The "24th Anniversary" moniker was probably just an afterthought.

I don't think he made it for the anniversary. He just made it for the hell of it, and then called it that.

EDIT: Bah, chaos386 beat me to it.

^And only just, too. By the time the thread loaded after I hit "Submit Reply", your post was already there. :blink:

Yeah, when you make a post, it updates the thread with any new posts via AJAX. Your post showed up for me when I submitted my post. ;)

I was doing the regular posting method, though (i.e. not a quick reply), so the whole page loaded in one go. It kinda made it seem like your post was the one I had just submitted. :p