• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24th Anniversary Macintosh

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davecla...57603702105276
    http://dclausen.net/projects/tfam/

Worthless, but awesome.
    My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
    There is no replacement for displacement.
    - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
    ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
    - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

Why? Mainly because I wanted to experiment with creating a custom USB device. Also I guess I wanted to waste hundreds of dollars and countless hours building a semi-useless computer with a 9 inch black and white screen and no arrow keys.

He's also earned my respect and hilarity with a badass retro project.

Comment

That's totally awesome! MacPaint, here we come!
      Remember, a dog is not just for Christmas. It can also be for a birthday. In fact, you can eat them all year round.

Comment

I hate it when people do stuff like this on weird anniversarys. 24 years? If he had waited one more year it would have made sense. But 24? Why bother?
        ^My Flickr Page^_______________________________^My Blipfoto 'Photo Every Day' Page^

Comment

I'm with speed. It always bothers me when unusual anniversaries are celebrated unnecessarily. Like shops with 23rd anniversary sales......Seriously? Oh well, props to the guy who pulled this off.
          If only I could be PhuckingGoose

Comment

Originally posted by Speedtouch View Post
            I hate it when people do stuff like this on weird anniversarys. 24 years? If he had waited one more year it would have made sense. But 24? Why bother?
            I don't think the point was to make an anniversary edition of the original Macintosh. He said it was mainly to create a custom USB device, and I guess a project based around a classic Mac was more interesting than making a USB clock or something. The "24th Anniversary" moniker was probably just an afterthought.
            "It's not long enough to use in bed." -rickhamilton620

Comment

I don't think he made it for the anniversary. He just made it for the hell of it, and then called it that.

EDIT: Bah, chaos386 beat me to it.
              My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
              - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
              ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.

Comment

^And only just, too. By the time the thread loaded after I hit "Submit Reply", your post was already there.

Comment

Yeah, when you make a post, it updates the thread with any new posts via AJAX. Your post showed up for me when I submitted my post.

Comment

I was doing the regular posting method, though (i.e. not a quick reply), so the whole page loaded in one go. It kinda made it seem like your post was the one I had just submitted.

Comment

Working...
                    X