Clear All

I've got a double DIN slot
    Octavia
    Fabia
    Beetle

Comment

Originally posted by narf View Post
      I've got a double DIN slot
      As do I (currently occupied by a Pioneer navigation system )
      ScarFace88 - "So you're a dildo?"

Comment

Originally posted by prizrak View Post
        As do I (currently occupied by a Pioneer navigation system )
        Same here, although it would be absolutely bonkers to shove something as awesome as that into my shitty car
        "The way I see it a car enthusiast is somebody who is enthusiastic and interested about the motor car in all its various shapes and forms from supercars to East German 2-strokes made of cardboard. Everyone else is merely a car elitist IMO." ~ Captain 70's

Get out of my way! I have photocopiers to sell! ~ Perc

"A computer is a Lite-Brite for bad fucking ideas."

FinalGear's Dash-Stroking Whore

Comment

It would probably square the value of your car.
          Octavia
          Fabia
          Beetle

Comment

It would probably square the value of your car.
            His car's worth so little that squaring its value would make it go down.
            "Power corrupts. Lack of power corrupts absolutely."
            -Redliner, ironically

Comment

I will likely seriously look into importing that come tax return time. Unless of course it turns out to suck.
              PunisherBass: ANYONE with an IQ higher than a jar of mayo wouldn't be able to get through the scientology mumbojumbo without laughing their ass off.
              Clegg: PunisherBass, quit insulting mayo.

Comment

Originally posted by smib View Post
                I will likely seriously look into importing that come tax return time. Unless of course it turns out to suck.
                Well it is an Android....

Comment

64GB microSD card arrives.

Now I'm jealous of Europeans, not only do you get cool driving roads (well at least cooler than anything I could find in the North East) but also you get an Android powered headunit.
                  Meh, driving around is so last century:

Looks like Boeing's decided to get in bed with Android a mile-high in the sky. The aerospace company has exclusively selected Google's mobile OS as the might behind its new class of 787 Dreamliners' in-flight entertainment. Currently in production jets, of which there are over 800 plus orders, will get outfitted with either a Panasonic or Thales model of the 7- to 17-inch screens. And in a strange twist of luxury privileges, first and business class passengers won't get to enjoy the touchscreen tech, as their monitors will be too large and too far out of reach. Instead, an alternate gesture-based control method is being explored by the company for elite travelers, although nothing's been solidified. Don't expect the planes to launch with the typical Android market experience, either -- apparently, "airline-specific apps" are on the way for the nascent fleets' launch. Now, if only they could replace those flight attendants with little green robots.
                  Source

Last edited by nsx_23; September 17th, 2011, 11:28 AM.
                  Understeer is when you hit the tree with the front, oversteer is when you hit it with the back.

Comment

I've totally reorganised my external HDD, how can I get itunes to associated with my songs locations all at once? If i were to drag an album already present in iTunes would is associate itself with all the playcounts etc?

fire up the Quattro

Comment

You can tell iTunes to save songs to the folder on your external harddrive and if it's filed correctly, it should automatically go through and find each song.

1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
                      2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - February 2018
                      1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
                      2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - Present (it's road legal!)
                      2018 Volkswagen Golf GTI 6-Speed (February 2018 - Present)

Comment

Wow, that seems like a lot of work, but if you want to get subs and stuff on Youtube, I guess that you would have to do all of this to succeed.
                        "If you would've, you know, just gone super saiyan, you could have punched that guy in the face and then just run for the... football touchdown place and we would've won. It would've been so good, why didn't you do that!?" -Sp00nerism/TheCampingTree plays Madden '12 part 3/3

Derp-tastic.

Comment

I want to get a tablet. I've been doing research, and I really like the Asus EEE Transformer. However, this is what I found:

Q: Does the Transformer support Java supported websites?
                          A. No, the Transformer does not support Java supported websites when using the stock browser. Alternative browsers may, however.
                          Do such browsers exist? At school we used a Java based website (Blackboard). If I can't access that, then there is no point in getting the tablet.
                          "It's the difference between watching great sex and having good sex." - Labcoatguy on the difference between an automatic and a manual gearbox.

Comment

Originally posted by _HighVoltage_ View Post
                            I want to get a tablet. I've been doing research, and I really like the Asus EEE Transformer. However, this is what I found:

Do such browsers exist? At school we used a Java based website (Blackboard). If I can't access that, then there is no point in getting the tablet.
                            Perhaps Opera Mobile would but I'm not sure. Firefox for mobile might too.

I've never heard of any alternative browser being able to handle Java...

If you're going to try and get on BB, (i pity you btw, we have it's worse sibling, WebCT here) I'd recommend a Windows Tablet.

That said, when I was using BB at my old school, there was no need for me to ever use java plugins....I think they just say that so you have it if it needs it somehow.

Could you perhaps go to a store like best buy and try logging in from there using a tablet?

EDIT: No for firefox, and Mozilla isn't aware that anyone has a java plugin for mobile: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/815161#answer-175466

T
                            ried searching for insights on Opera's site...no dice.
                            Last edited by rickhamilton620; September 19th, 2011, 6:24 PM.
                            "The way I see it a car enthusiast is somebody who is enthusiastic and interested about the motor car in all its various shapes and forms from supercars to East German 2-strokes made of cardboard. Everyone else is merely a car elitist IMO." ~ Captain 70's

Get out of my way! I have photocopiers to sell! ~ Perc

"A computer is a Lite-Brite for bad fucking ideas."

FinalGear's Dash-Stroking Whore

Comment

Are you sure you need Java vs Java Script? Because I'm reasonably sure everything would work with the latter.

Comment

That is one of the main reasons I went for my Windows tablet. As far as I know, there's no browser Java for any mobile platform. There are of course major caveats, notably battery life and the weight and thickness of the device (while not terrible, it's nowhere near as thin and light as the Transformer). Windows 8 looks promising as well but that's all in the future as the Developer Preview is too early for daily use (not going to stop me )

Comment

Are you sure you need Java vs Java Script? Because I'm reasonably sure everything would work with the latter.
                                  Blackboard requires a JRE.
                                  Octavia
                                  Fabia
                                  Beetle

Comment

Blackboard requires a JRE.
                                    Thats terrible... Though Android not having Java is funny

Comment

Well blast...
                                      "It's the difference between watching great sex and having good sex." - Labcoatguy on the difference between an automatic and a manual gearbox.

Comment

I can't remember if it doesn't work or if it just doesn't support everything
                                        My car is dark grey not black!

Comment

We use e-learning blackboard at my university and it seems work fine on the ipad.

Mathematics is to physics as masturbation is to sex.

Comment

Working...
                                          X