Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by argatoga View Post
    Except once the space is marked 'free' the next write could overwrite it.
    You'd actually have to overwrite quite a few times for data to be unrecoverable. Got a friend who studied computer security in college he was telling me that they use some machines that actually read magnetic signatures off the drive so they can recover several layers of files.
    ScarFace88 - "So you're a dildo?"

Comment

Originally posted by prizrak View Post
      You'd actually have to overwrite quite a few times for data to be unrecoverable. Got a friend who studied computer security in college he was telling me that they use some machines that actually read magnetic signatures off the drive so they can recover several layers of files.
      True, but most people I know won't spend the thousands of dollars to do that.
      bogative ?

"Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy." - Colin Chapman
      "If you think about it breast implants aren't much different than braces. Their main purpose is to improve one's appearance, at least that's how it was in my case." - KaJun
      "So the [suspension's] spring seats fail every 2 years, so what? They cost less than $250 to fix. And if a person can't afford that every two years, than maybe he shouldn't own a car at all." - _HighVoltage_ on Volvos.

Comment

Originally posted by argatoga View Post
        True, but most people I know won't spend the thousands of dollars to do that.
        Probably not

Comment

Originally posted by Matt2000 View Post
          You got me all excited then, I even managed to push the horrible thoughts of precision soldering out of my mind.

I'd like one too, although I have no clue what I'd do with it.
          you could always install some player that listens the lan for your devices wanting it to play hd content, or could use it as vnc-viewer with projector and do reverse vnc-server-connection to it and make a poverpoint-feast, or install znc to it to make it be @ irc so i would not have to talk to you via minecraftserver, or you could install normal debian/ubuntu/windows 8 arm when it arrives to it, OR you could donate to it to a kid in uk without a pc!

i'm atleast going to install debian+znc+ssh to make me a backup "upload pics here, if dropbox not working" + irc-bot maybe connect to it to the 42" tv etc.
          eighter way that thing uses 1W of power so its atleast a good place to start learning QT-coding
          Motives Of transport:

Audi A7
          Ford fiesta Sportsvan
          Honda NM4

Ds3 laptimes: Nordschleife 10:20,xx Ahvenisto: 1:50,72
          Join to the BCFHAS

Comment

on other news!

Raspbmc announced: an XBMC for Raspberry Pi
            Motives Of transport:

Audi A7
            Ford fiesta Sportsvan
            Honda NM4

Ds3 laptimes: Nordschleife 10:20,xx Ahvenisto: 1:50,72
            Join to the BCFHAS

Comment

Firefox, y no forward button?!

AHA, it comes after I go backwards. I don't like that. How do I change that?
              Last edited by h-p; February 2nd, 2012, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by h-p View Post
                Press Back and the Forward button will pop up.
                (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

Comment

Around here it's visible but disabled while there is nothing to go forward to
                  Octavia
                  Fabia
                  Beetle

Comment

Originally posted by narf View Post
                    They changed the behaviour with FF10, now it's completely hidden instead of disabled until some forward history is available. Imho, a bit too much of an effort to save screen space, considering that netbooks are slowly but steadily being pushed out of the market, and all other computers nowadays have decent resolution screens.

'01 A6 2.4 (2007-2011) | '10 C200K T (2011-2016) | '10 A5 3.0 TDI (2017) | '08 MX5 2.0 (2017-?) | '18? Model 3 (?)

Everything is air-droppable at least once.

Comment

Came across this: http://groupbuy.ebay.com.au/?clk_rvr_id=312435848367
                      Understeer is when you hit the tree with the front, oversteer is when you hit it with the back.

Comment

Originally posted by leviathan View Post
                        They changed the behaviour with FF10, now it's completely hidden instead of disabled until some forward history is available. Imho, a bit too much of an effort to save screen space, considering that netbooks are slowly but steadily being pushed out of the market, and all other computers nowadays have decent resolution screens.
                        I've been using FF10 for a while, and nothing changed when it updated to it
                        Octavia
                        Fabia
                        Beetle

Comment

Comment

My laptop changed the style, but desktop kept it the old way.

Comment

Maybe it's based on screen size? My laptop uses the normal back/forward but I also have an external monitor set to primary.

Comment

Originally posted by thevictor390 View Post
                                Maybe it's based on screen size?
                                That might be it, no space issues here on 27".
                                Octavia
                                Fabia
                                Beetle

Comment

I'm surprised you didn't correct me to resolution, as that's really what I meant

Comment

No change for me, still looks ugly as fuck.
                                    Click image for larger version

Name:	yusouglyfirefox.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	3425559

Comment

Oh, I should mention, work laptop is still on Windows XP (does not have new forward button). I will check at home.

Comment

Oh, I should mention, work laptop is still on Windows XP (does not have new forward button). I will check at home.
                                        Both of my machines run 7.

Comment

I'm surprised you didn't correct me to resolution, as that's really what I meant
                                          You didn't specify the unit, so it might be "screen size in pixels" or "screen size in miles"

Looks like this here:

Octavia
                                          Fabia
                                          Beetle

Comment

Working...
                                          X