Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

I would do that too but I need the right bookmark add-on and nothing similar exists with Chrome which is multi-row bookmarks, I like having two rows shown and be able to scroll down than have an unorganized drop down.

I really, really, really don't like FF10 right now. Constantly freezing up, bookmark bar acting fucking wonky, seems to hate Youtube more than usual. Fuck it, hello FF9.0.1, I missed you.

Give Waterfox a try if you have a 64 bit OS.

Just fired up my great RRR sound system, which I connected to Panasonic home theater, aux connected to my PC via X-Fi.
I put some Phaeleh and chill... Great. I love RRR sound. I love RRR ASW-1.

corsair.jpg

Last edited:
Good. Hopefully this will force Apple to settle this patent nonsense. Jobs is dead, Cook to my knowledge doesn't have a jihad against Google.

That was my hope as well when Cook took over, its retarded they are huge! Though I do understand Jobs's stance on it, he was very afraid of the Windows situation that happened back in the 80's but it looks like iOS is not going to be muscled out by Android, it may not be #1 but they are not likely to be much smaller. Hell even OS X is gaining market share...

Motorola gets ruling against apples cloud email service in Germany.

Personally I'd love to see the lawsuits come to an end but at this point if any of the companies backdown they will think that others will perceive them to be "weak". The only winners out of this situation are the lawyers, happily charging millions and laughing all the way to the bank. Then again Apple has so much money the amount they probably see the legal fees as a trivial expense.

Last edited:
The Fail-sung Nexus has to go back for repairs. Again.

Back to WP7.5 for now.

Why? Is Motorola that big over there? I would think the iCloud should've won since it seems iPhone's are the new BlackBerry.

Lets hope they don't drop the ball like BB did. Apple has a great thing going right now, don't fuck it up.

I'm pretty sure patent disputes aren't settled by "whose products are more popular?" :p

In democracy's they are. :D

I'm pretty sure patent disputes aren't settled by "whose products are more popular?" :p

Whose products are more popular -> whose company makes more money -> whose company can afford better lawyers.

What I find retarded is that the patent that they used for this was for frigging pagers....

What I find retarded is that the patent that they used for this was for frigging pagers....

True, but a company has to demonstrate that they're defending their IP though, IIRC, i think it's a law requirement. Maybe in america though, I'll have to google.

True, but a company has to demonstrate that they're defending their IP though, IIRC, i think it's a law requirement. Maybe in america though, I'll have to google.
Well the main point of contention is that Moto is asking for a lot in return for licensing the tech despite it being considered an industry standard. This is why the IP laws really need to be revamped in general, I mean you are talking about a patent that is basically completely obsolete as far as tech goes but it is still enforceable.

I mean there are plenty of iCloud type services, for instance Google Talk, Gmail, Calendar and Docs that basically do the same thing but they are not "based" on a cell platform so the patent doesn't apply.

Last edited: