No announcement yet.

Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet it is getting a +12V input, or it is not a true plasma type tube.
    "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

We’ve gone from 'Hope and Change' to 'Hope and Change Your Story.' -Bill Maher

Comment

Originally posted by IceBone View Post
      How does that get enough power? Do you have to overvolt it just to run the lightshow?
      Originally posted by GRtak View Post
      I bet it is getting a +12V input, or it is not a true plasma type tube.
      LEDs with some really funky light-piping going on.

EDIT (I think)

Comment

Jesus... $300+ for two 8gb sticks.

- - - Updated - - -

From a review I just found:No mention of another power source.
        There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

If any US resident wants a good cheap mech keyboard.

Comment

Got an email at work today

...Your computer is scheduled to receive this BIOS update between January 25 and March 18, and it will take approximately 20-30 minutes to install. During the installation and reboot process, your computer will not be usable...
            Gee, thanks for the heads up! I'll be sure to plan around that timing window.

•1997 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro - 12/2006-04/2007 - Totaled
            •2005 Audi TT 1.8T quattro - 07/2012-11/2012 - Traded
            •2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
            •1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-07/2017 - Sold
            •1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-

Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

Comment

Originally posted by CrzRsn View Post

Geesh, you'd think they'd schedule that overnight...
              "The way I see it a car enthusiast is somebody who is enthusiastic and interested about the motor car in all its various shapes and forms from supercars to East German 2-strokes made of cardboard. Everyone else is merely a car elitist IMO." ~ Captain 70's

Get out of my way! I have photocopiers to sell! ~ Perc

"A computer is a Lite-Brite for bad fucking ideas."

FinalGear's Dash-Stroking Whore

Comment

Originally posted by CrzRsn View Post

Wouldn't it be likely that they just forgot to include the line that says, " As we get closer, the day prior to your installation, we will let you know when we are planning to perform the task so you can plan around this down-time." I'd hope so, at least...
                There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

I wonder what's the lowest spec PC I could use for a gigabit router.

Comment

Originally posted by maxtortheone View Post
                    Latest atoms?
                    Motives Of transport:

Audi A7
                    Ford fiesta Sportsvan
                    Honda NM4

Ds3 laptimes: Nordschleife 10:20,xx Ahvenisto: 1:50,72
                    Join to the BCFHAS

Comment

The old, shhity Atom N2700 is OK at just routing + firewall. Useless if you want any form of VPN. Personally, I like my routers in VMs combined with a healthy dose of VLANs.

Comment

Was thinking of something like this.

Comment

Those things are a pain to get replacement parts for, especially an old model like that. No point buying yourself in to trouble later on. Surely that's overkill too, wouldn't you want something smaller like a net-top?

Comment

I just got a notification thing on this Windows 10 laptop that someone who is clearly one of those spammy sex chat bots wants to add my contact on skype.

Uh, why is that running? I never installed skype, nor did I enable it to do anything if for some reason Windows preinstalled it for me. I guess then Windows linked my email address to a skype account I haven't touched in probably 5 years at least. There's a line which has been crossed here, and I ain't all peachy over it.
                            My car is Greener than your car.

LegendZ live forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Nabster View Post
                              I just got a notification thing on this Windows 10 laptop that someone who is clearly one of those spammy sex chat bots wants to add my contact on skype.

Uh, why is that running? I never installed skype, nor did I enable it to do anything if for some reason Windows preinstalled it for me. I guess then Windows linked my email address to a skype account I haven't touched in probably 5 years at least. There's a line which has been crossed here, and I ain't all peachy over it.
                              Are you signed in with a Microsoft Account?
                              "The way I see it a car enthusiast is somebody who is enthusiastic and interested about the motor car in all its various shapes and forms from supercars to East German 2-strokes made of cardboard. Everyone else is merely a car elitist IMO." ~ Captain 70's

Comment

Is it just me or is this photo touched up?

Comment

Maybe one of those Instagram esque filters...

Comment

Eh? Isn't it a picture of a display that someone took instead of a screenshot?

Comment

That's someone taking a photo with a not-great cell phone camera of a display, as Archie411 pointed out. The tech specs displayed on screen are consistent with a mid-2007 Mac Mini.

Comment

Was thinking of something like this.
                                        Originally posted by Matt2000 View Post
                                        Those things are a pain to get replacement parts for, especially an old model like that. No point buying yourself in to trouble later on. Surely that's overkill too, wouldn't you want something smaller like a net-top?

Comment

Originally posted by rickhamilton620 View Post
                                          Maybe one of those Instagram esque filters...
                                          Originally posted by Archie411 View Post
                                          Eh? Isn't it a picture of a display that someone took instead of a screenshot?
                                          The "2" in the Memory section has a suspicious border around it and seems to be a bit misaligned. Not 100% sure due to photo quality.

Comment

Working...
                                          X