Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

Except once the space is marked 'free' the next write could overwrite it.
You'd actually have to overwrite quite a few times for data to be unrecoverable. Got a friend who studied computer security in college he was telling me that they use some machines that actually read magnetic signatures off the drive so they can recover several layers of files.

You'd actually have to overwrite quite a few times for data to be unrecoverable. Got a friend who studied computer security in college he was telling me that they use some machines that actually read magnetic signatures off the drive so they can recover several layers of files.

True, but most people I know won't spend the thousands of dollars to do that.

You got me all excited then, I even managed to push the horrible thoughts of precision soldering out of my mind.

I'd like one too, although I have no clue what I'd do with it.

you could always install some player that listens the lan for your devices wanting it to play hd content, or could use it as vnc-viewer with projector and do reverse vnc-server-connection to it and make a poverpoint-feast, or install znc to it to make it be @ irc so i would not have to talk to you via minecraftserver, or you could install normal debian/ubuntu/windows 8 arm when it arrives to it, OR you could donate to it to a kid in uk without a pc!

i'm atleast going to install debian+znc+ssh to make me a backup "upload pics here, if dropbox not working" + irc-bot maybe connect to it to the 42" tv etc.
eighter way that thing uses 1W of power so its atleast a good place to start learning QT-coding :p

Firefox, y no forward button?!

AHA, it comes after I go backwards. I don't like that. How do I change that?

Last edited:
Around here it's visible but disabled while there is nothing to go forward to :dunno:

They changed the behaviour with FF10, now it's completely hidden instead of disabled until some forward history is available. Imho, a bit too much of an effort to save screen space, considering that netbooks are slowly but steadily being pushed out of the market, and all other computers nowadays have decent resolution screens.

They changed the behaviour with FF10, now it's completely hidden instead of disabled until some forward history is available. Imho, a bit too much of an effort to save screen space, considering that netbooks are slowly but steadily being pushed out of the market, and all other computers nowadays have decent resolution screens.

I've been using FF10 for a while, and nothing changed when it updated to it :dunno:

Maybe it's based on screen size? My laptop uses the normal back/forward but I also have an external monitor set to primary.

Oh, I should mention, work laptop is still on Windows XP (does not have new forward button). I will check at home.