Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

what I'm actually thinking is why don't you have thousands of cables all over the place anyway, without having to buy any more? :p

what I'm actually thinking is why don't you have thousands of cables all over the place anyway, without having to buy any more? :p
I bought two of these, one died a early death.

I have another one from a different brand that is less finicky but it is god awfully slow at charging my phone.

Finally, I have a short/normal length one that's perfect for in the car/on my desk at work...so it lives in the car.

There is your solution right there until you decide what phone you'll get - take the cable from your car if you need it :dunno:

They are slowly switching to USB Type C. Note 7 is the first Samsung to do so iirc, quite a few other manufacturers have made the move already.

Is there a solution to iPhone's "jump to the top by tapping somewhere near the top edge of the screen" on android?

Is there a solution to iPhone's "jump to the top by tapping somewhere near the top edge of the screen" on android?
Baked into the OS, no. There are 3rd party solutions and Samsung had it in the Galaxy S 3.
There is your solution right there until you decide what phone you'll get - take the cable from your car if you need it :dunno:
It's not long enough to use in bed.

It's getting so difficult for me to power through and wait until September for phone stuff - my 15 ft MicroUSB cable is broken so it only charges if the phone is held/rested on a surface a certain way.

I know what you're thinking....why dont you buy a new phone cable? It doesn't make sense for me to buy a new cable (no matter how cheap) when the phone I'm getting will likely have a different connector in the first place.

Are you telling me you don't have a myriad of other things that use MicroUSB for charging anyway?

I've been looking for a new sig, thanks! :p

:lol:

I only just saw that you used to use a 15 ft cable... what kind of abomination is that even. I've never seen a USB cable that long, I'm pretty certain that's against USB specifications in itself, so it's not even supposed to work, ever!

I've got a... 6 or 8ft long one for my bedside.

:lol:

I only just saw that you used to use a 15 ft cable... what kind of abomination is that even. I've never seen a USB cable that long, I'm pretty certain that's against USB specifications in itself, so it's not even supposed to work, ever!

I use a 10ft, and it works great. I have a table-top clamp-on power box on my nightstand, and i initially thought it would be overkill, but it's great, because I can roll over, and put it on the other side of the bed and not feel like I'm tugging at it. And perhaps it might not charge as quickly as if it were a 3ft cable, but I only plug it in here to charge it overnight so no matter what, it's always fully charged.

Last edited:
You should just eliminate all phones with a non-micro-usb port and buy a cable.

You Android guys might as well suffer through the transition at this point. Micro-USB might be universal but it's still a shit connector.

You Android guys might as well suffer through the transition at this point. Micro-USB might be universal but it's still a shit connector.

So like HDMI then :p

I found a digital photo frame lying around which I wasn't using, and after some farting around I discovered it can be used as a mini monitor.

ce04d3d5217fd7d0bb5f64994f53579b.jpg

I have a sort of second monitor now.... Which is nice. Thing was a gift, and I wasn't even using it .... This shall be useful for quick browsing while watching a movie or some shit...

Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

So like HDMI then :p

I don't see what the issue with either connector is. It's the old VGA and RS232 connectors that are terrible.

Anyone know of any gaming controllers that i can sync with my Note 5, and can also physically hold the phone on the controller so that one could use it like a mutant GameBoy? the phone, with it's case, it 3.18" or 3.19" I can only seen to find ones that go at most up to 3.17", like this one.