The "New Toys" Thread

Welcome to an OS that has apps.

Yeah, I know I'm a bit late. They've even blocked youtube on Bada OS...

Surface Book i7/16GB/512Gb and Discrete Graphics.

Not my image.

It's such a nice bit of kit to work on. I'm finding I use the screen detached a fair bit.

I enjoyed my time with one. Only thing I didn't care for was that the screen half was as heavy as it is, so one-handed opening wasn't possible. I also had to use it when awkwardly balanced/perched, and the screen made it more likely to tip back. But other that that, no complaints.

Picked this up to solve some problems I was having with an mSATA boot drive:

6672_01_sandisk_ultra_ii_240gb_ssd_review_sandisk_tlc_nand_flash_takes_shape_full.jpg

SanDisk Ultra II 240gb SSD. Working well so far.

Aww yis! Today I received a das Keyboard 4 Ultimate (completely blank key covers) and it's great. :) It's the first time I've used a keyboard with mechanical switches instead of rubberdomes, and from the get-go it's amazing. :)

The only thing is that the das Keyboard 4 doesn't have programmable buttons, I'm used to starting browser and E-Mail application (I refuse to call an application "app"...) via one press of a button on the keyboard. Well, that's the price for a keyboard almost without frills. I can't live without a volume scroll wheel so other mechanical keyboards don't cut it, all those gaming keyboards are overloaded with functions I'll never use...

I feel awful, I spend way too much money...

logitech-g29-1.jpg

Before you judge, I needed a way to attach my phone to a standard, full-sized camera tripod. I went to Best Buy, three mobile phone stores, and a camera store. Nobody had a specific item for just this purpose in-stock. Instead, I had to buy an item that, when disassembled, could perform this function. So at my last stop, Target, I...I bought...

...a "selfie stick."

Before you judge, I needed a way to attach my phone to a standard, full-sized camera tripod. I went to Best Buy, three mobile phone stores, and a camera store. Nobody had a specific item for just this purpose in-stock. Instead, I had to buy an item that, when disassembled, could perform this function. So at my last stop, Target, I...I bought...

...a "selfie stick."
Welcome to #teamselfie!

(Gags)

Starting a new pool. Just guess how long until Necro Joe gets injured using that selfie stick. Double the money for what activity he is documenting.

:mrgreen:

Ha, I'll take that bet. All I needed was the tripod mount, and I already threw away the "stick" part of it. :lol:

Okay, you live in the Bay Area, home of the biggest miscellaneous electronics chain remaining in the US, Fry's, and you didn't go there?

http://www.frys.com/product/8448478

Sorry, we're sending the Anti-Selfie-Stick Death Squads over next Monday. They'd be there sooner but they've got a huge backlog.

Man, do I ever hate going there. It's always an ordeal. The nearest Fry's is 40 minutes away, and the one that isn't a complete shit show is nearly an hour away. Even with going to multiple places, I was done in less than an hour. Meh.