Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would check for lint in the Lightning port.
    2014 Opel Insignia Country Tourer Biturbo CDTI 4x4
    For once I don't have the same car as everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Perc View Post
      I would check for lint in the Lightning port.
      Nothing there, everything looks brand new and I haven't even abused the cable, by rolling it up or anything.

Gonna buy a new cable today and see what happens.

Comment

Ipad confirmed dead.

Comment

Comment

Silverstone is finally selling their reversible non type-C USB cables on Amazon!

So I got one in each colour.

Amazon.com
            Amazon.co.uk
            Amazon.de

Final Gear around the world care package
            discussion | photos | spreadsheet | map

Comment

Originally posted by IceBone View Post
              Silverstone is finally selling their reversible non type-C USB cables on Amazon!
              Ohh Do they have a reversible Type A version with Type C on the other end? A quick search doesn't seem to indicate so.

Comment

I don't think so. Micro b, micro b OTG and lightning.

Final Gear around the world care package
                discussion | photos | spreadsheet | map

Comment

Aww dang it..

Comment

The ipad that died "Oh we'll have to send away for repair"
                    First of all go fuck yourselves, second of all it's only 5 weeks old.

Went to another store. "Heres a new one."

Comment

Originally posted by Aston Martin View Post
                      The ipad that died "Oh we'll have to send away for repair"
                      aka, "here's a refurb"?
                      There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by NecroJoe View Post
                        aka, "here's a refurb"?
                        Not necessarily a bad thing. The power button on my 5S crapped out after 11 months and a couple of days. I sent it in and got what essentially was a brand new phone back. I was told everything was new except the logic board.
                        2014 Opel Insignia Country Tourer Biturbo CDTI 4x4
                        For once I don't have the same car as everyone else.

Comment

When it's at the end of it's warranty, that seems acceptable. I had Panasonic try that shit with me on a brand new camera. Took it out of the box, had an issue. Called them with the box still in my lap from opening it, and they said I would get a refurbished unit back after a long phone call about getting it fixed. I ended up just exchanging it at the store since it was so new and let them deal with the issue.
                          There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

The rule is under 30 days straight swap, anything over that is supposed to be sent away.
                            Mine died at about 38. The issue is I bought it from a company that I used to work for, albeit a different store in the city and the girl on the till is a friend. I bought the extended cover, but the manager whinged that it had to be sent away. Even though technically I could have cancelled my extended cover, which would have hurt their store targets.

Comment

As i'm sure you're aware, I am an idiot.
                              Which is why I bought 6 of these...

YOKO built-in monochrome Tele-fucking-vision!!!
                              It has a front mounted VCR connector.
                              Magnifier add-on.
                              Weird 'black box'

I sold 5 in 30 minutes to the autoshite lot and I may keep one, as it's the stupidest thing i've ever seen.

Comment

What the actual fuck. So many questions.

I assume it receives analogue terrestrial TV signals? Are those even still broadcast in the UK? In Germany, you wouldn't get anything to watch on one of those Not that you could see anything in the first place...

Also, "VCR" button? What medium does it record on? Or do you connect an external device to it - in that case, what kind of device, that can be used in a car?

I don't even...

In all fairness, wiring up a reversing camera to one of these might even be doable. In which case it gets a legitimate use
                                Last edited by leviathan; May 20th, 2016, 6:05 PM.

'01 A6 2.4 (2007-2011) | '10 C200K T (2011-2016) | '10 A5 3.0 TDI (2017) | '08 MX5 2.0 (2017-?) | '18? Model 3 (?)

Everything is air-droppable at least once.

Comment

*stop car*

*Put into reverse*

*Give up and use your mirrors.*

<Ice> Oh, you're the kiddy anime guy.
                                  "The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were."
                                  John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by leviathan View Post
                                    I don't even...
                                    Well, it's from about the same era as stuff like this

Comment

Analogue TV doesn't exist anymore... however, someone is going to hook up a free view box (digital TV box) and try that.

It's a video input, because that's normal. There's a review here of a similar, but slightly different model.

http://www.retrothing.com/2012/03/an...m-the-80s.html
                                      Last edited by Aston Martin; May 20th, 2016, 8:27 PM.

Comment

Comment

I bought a Lenovo IdeaCentre Y900 gaming PC.

4.0 GHz Intel i7 6700K, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD + 256GB SSD with a 4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 graphics card

A 25" LG gaming monitor

and a Canon Pixma printer

as well as a Visco Logic gaming chair (red and black to match the computer) for me to sit upon.

I wish I had the skills to build my own pc, but I lack the technical know how and hand-eye coordination to do so.
                                          Last edited by t3h r0x0rs; May 25th, 2016, 3:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X