The "New Toys" Thread

So, its a DVB-T box...

Freeview in the UK is over DVB-S, I think...

Buba

Freeview in the UK is DVB-T, i.e. Terrestial (T) not Satellite (S). You get it through your normal aerial, you just need a TV that can receive digital broadcasts, a digital decoder box or a little PCI card in your PC! I have the last two which means I can record my very own Top Gear DVDs!

For more info, check out Digital Spy Forums.

By the way, ask your friend the exact name, model, price and where he got it. I have experimented with analogue (I think) TV and audio transmitters but the quality was awful. Now I have a 10 meter cable snaking from my bedroom to my living room so I can watch DivX on my 32" widescreen.

i got my iPod yesterday.

its the 20GB thing, sounds (and works) very good.
indexipodinhand20050628.jpg

8)

jasonchiu said:
i just busted mine on holiday, like not even on purpose lol.

o yeah dude get the exteneded warrenty :thumbsup:
i wont, i got the leather carrying case:
clipcase20050503.jpg

what? thats not leather, i got it free with my 3rd gen one.

dude u really need to even if u take good care of it, the battery will screw u over i swear, and when it does, you'll decided to buy a battery off the net costing u a hell of a lot or money and time, why not just get the warrenty and get it replaced for free.

i am sure over the course of 2 yrs, even if u take good care of it, it will bite u in the ass.

I am going to purchase a new skin for my iPod hopefully next week when it ships in. They are called iSkin Wild Sides. Read about them on iskin.com :)
top2.jpg

wild_glo.gif

I have currently got a white skin that glows Ice Blue at night. It also has a blue screen shade:
show1.jpg

Ghost.jpg

So far it has survived getting dropped off the fourth level of a grandstand at an athletics carnival so I can endorse its protection :mrgreen:

wow the white one is really nice!

but then the other ones are really girly, honestly.

have u got a extended warenty

Extended warranty? :bangin: Why would I get one. Its just a skin you slot your iPod into :)
You think the other one is girly :unsure: Shit, now im not buying one. The blue one is allrite dont ya think.

the white one i like, the others are really really really girly, i mean they look like my sisters boardshorts. does that explain lol? or need a pic of it lol?

I have to agree with jasonchiu. Those are girly. And not just any kind of girly, 13 year old girly.

^Guess it won't help if I say I like them :p

tbh thoses skins are a rip off. in hk u can get one for like $3USD and its the same quality just that it doesnt "glow"

jasonchiu said:
tbh thoses skins are a rip off. in hk u can get one for like $3USD and its the same quality just that it doesnt "glow"
Do they sell them out of garages :p

Tommy Two Shoes said:
Porsche seem to design so many things today, and I must admit they all look pretty sweet, my mate has a porsche kettle for christ sake! also looks very cool :D

Shame they came out with something as bad as the Boxter :p
we all make mistakes! :lol: