Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a stretch uf burglaries as stores in our street i got paranoid and purchased a Logitech Circle 2 (wired).
    Setup would have been easy peasy if it did a validation of the email address _during_ the setup. (i mistyped the domain, thus had to reset the cam and reconfigure it with the correct email address)

IT'S OK TO BE TAKEI

Volvo C30 DRIVe
    BMW F700GS

The Law of Inverse Value: The less you contribute to society, the greater the trauma you can sustain with minimal to no physical sequelae.

FG Ringmeet 2014
    FG Ringmeet 2015
    FG Mini-Roadtrip 2015

Comment

I wonder if they deliberately designed it to look like a big nipple. I'm not sure about this idea of cameras that can be removed but I suppose they're always recording to a central location so there's no way for someone to steal the camera without being seen.

Originally posted by leviathan View Post
      Seriously though, I've had my X now since November and while still having some buyer's remorse over the price tag, I'm very happy with the device overall. Almost all apps I use have been updated for the new screen format, and most make very good use of the extra real estate.
      Having never used a previous phone I didn't realise there were problems with the new screen format, they have all looked perfect as far as I can tell. The extra length of the screen is fantastic despite the phone being smaller overall than my old Sony.

Originally posted by prizrak View Post
      At the risk of sounding cliche, iPhone does tend to just work, it doesn't have as much customization as Android does and they do like to lock things down to apple only apps/services (like say I can't use Google Maps with my watch) but it is quite stable.
      That's what I'm going for, so far so good! I've even got my head around iCloud, which as it happens is the cheapest cloud storage I have seen. I'm paying 79p a month for 50GB!

Originally posted by leviathan View Post
      The only annoyance is that this phone absolutely cannot be used without a case, if you want it to survive for any stretch of time. The glass front and back are unbelievably slippery, to the point where it'll slide off a table that's half a degree off perfectly level.
      I feel like all modern phones need a case if for no other reason than they feel way too thin in my hand.
      Agreed, as much as I like the design and materials used it feels very fragile without a case. I'm currently in paranoid mode and have a big fat Spigen case on it but I might get something smaller later on. the last phone I had which I was happy to use without a case was my HTC OneX+.

Comment

I live on the third and top floor of my building. So no innocent people passing by or any visitors. The camera is outside my door aimed at the stairs. Anyone who comes into view get's recorded and it's send to the "cloud" and i get a notification.

So by the time they have removed the camera, they have also been in plain view and i'm notified about it.

The only (unwanted) person who should come into view is the one cleaning the hallway every week.

Also, you should see the wireless one:

Last edited by Adamar; April 17th, 2018, 7:06 PM.
        IT'S OK TO BE TAKEI

Volvo C30 DRIVe
        BMW F700GS

The Law of Inverse Value: The less you contribute to society, the greater the trauma you can sustain with minimal to no physical sequelae.

FG Ringmeet 2014
        FG Ringmeet 2015
        FG Mini-Roadtrip 2015

Comment

Reminds me of the Valve VR dog:

Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	3548428

Comment

Since her ye olde Toshiba laptop was starting to give out, my eldest daughter needed a new pc. Luckily, a colleague of mine offered me a free Lenovo H530s with Core i7 4770, 8GB RAM and 1TB HDD. Added a few parts of my own:

(EVGA Geforce GTX1050 SC, CM Hyper 212 Evo, WD Green 240GB SSD (not pictured), old CM 430W PSU I had laying around, Intel Centrino 6230, LED strips off Aliexpress, pigtail to proper antenna converters off Aliexpress)

A case:

(Fractal Design Focus G Red, she has taste)

A couple screens:

(A set of second hand Dell P2214H)

This all adds up to one very happy kiddo who is gaming away on her new PC.
            Last edited by Adunaphel; May 11th, 2018, 8:02 PM.
            1986 BMW E23 735i Goodbye...
            1996 BMW E36 328i Touring Executive R.I.P.
            2001 Mercedes-Benz W203 C220 CDI Classic ...Aaaand it's gone
            2003 BMW E46 330dA Touring Lifestyle Edition
            2014 Renault Clio Tce 90 S&S Expression Pack Introduction
            2018 Renault Clio Tce 90 Intens
            Rental roulette: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Comment

Hm, it appears I forgot to post these new toys:

2700X + Crosshair VII Hero
              M-B 560 SEC 1989 | M-B 300 SEL 1989

Comment

Welcome to the AMD side. Muhahahahahaha
                "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

We’ve gone from 'Hope and Change' to 'Hope and Change Your Story.' -Bill Maher

Comment

This was an upgrade to the B350 + R3-1200 + Vega 64 machine I built last summer

Comment

Oh, right. Well, welcome to 8 core madness.
                    "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

Comment

Ewww AMD, couldn't get a real CPU?
                      ScarFace88 - "So you're a dildo?"

Comment

The Ryzen CPUs are real.

Comment

Next thing you tell me is that Prius is a car

Comment

It is a car, just not an interesting one.

Per Wikipedia:
                            Car

A car is a wheeled motor vehicle used for transportation.

Comment

Originally posted by GRtak View Post
                              It is a car, just not an interesting one.

Per Wikipedia:
                              Car

Shows what Wiki knows, elevators also have cars and they have no wheels

Comment

Shows what Wiki knows, elevators also have cars and they have no wheels
                                Don't they side vertically on a track, with wheels, similar to maybe a roller coaster?
                                There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Depends on the design I think, they can even really be on a hydraulic lift.

One of the definitions is "the passenger compartment of an elevator, cableway, airship, or balloon." so really it's just a passenger enclosure.

Comment

Ewww AMD, couldn't get a real CPU?
                                    That depends on your definition of real, but if you're referring to Intel, I have 3x i7's in my house already

Comment

I'm thinking about the 2700x for my upgrade. It's a very potent CPU, especially if you're streaming while gaming.

Final Gear around the world care package
                                      discussion | photos | spreadsheet | map

Comment

These two allow me to use my work laptop and private desktop fully interchangeably at home:

- Three monitors are all connected via DP to the desktop and now via HDMI to the laptop: one directly and two more via the above USB-C to double HDMI splitter. The splitter uses DisplayPort alternate mode with MST (multi-stream), so the screens are all independent and not mirrored.
                                        - All peripheral hardware is plugged into the Anker hub, which is independently powered.
                                        - Both computers have a USB A-B cable going to the hub, with only one B-end plugged into the hub at a time.

This allows to simply plug the correct B connector into the hub and power up either of the computers, and I have my full desktop setup to work with. Takes seconds to switch between the two. Much better than my previous setup (monitors split between the two computers and using Synergy to move the mouse between them), basically now I'll barely ever use the desktop again and mostly work and game with the uber-powerful Dell Precision so helpfully provided by my employer
                                        Last edited by leviathan; May 19th, 2018, 1:04 PM.

'01 A6 2.4 (2007-2011) | '10 C200K T (2011-2016) | '10 A5 3.0 TDI (2017) | '08 MX5 2.0 (2017-?) | '18? Model 3 (?)

Everything is air-droppable at least once.

Comment

Originally posted by Jupix View Post

That depends on your definition of real, but if you're referring to Intel, I have 3x i7's in my house already
                                          i7? What are you a peasant? Xeon or GTFO

Comment

Working...
                                          X