The "New Toys" Thread

To avoid making this thread any farther off topic, I will just say this: I'll trust a police officers test of radar detectors and, when someone rates the one I got #2(#1 i believe is either the Escord Redline or Bel STI) I'll trust them.

I would be exactly the opposite - a police officer has a vested interest in making sure people *don't* get effective radar detectors. :p

Had to buy a new laptop charger because the damn thing managed to short itself out because the cable shredded itself at the connector to my laptop.
170w_ac_adapter.jpg

Hoping it will last a little longer this time.

Had to buy a new laptop charger because the damn thing managed to short itself out because the cable shredded itself at the connector to my laptop.
170w_ac_adapter.jpg

Hoping it will last a little longer this time.

Did you actually get the 170W charger? I have one permanently tethered to my dock (had to modifiy that so my X220 Tablet to fit, but that's another story entirely), and one thing you should know is that the 170W charger doesn't fit in most Lenovo laptops: it has two tabs in the plug preventing it from fitting most machines. Afaik the only machines that take the 170W charger directly are the W-series machines.

Did you actually get the 170W charger? I have one permanently tethered to my dock (had to modifiy that so my X220 Tablet to fit, but that's another story entirely), and one thing you should know is that the 170W charger doesn't fit in most Lenovo laptops: it has two tabs in the plug preventing it from fitting most machines. Afaik the only machines that take the 170W charger directly are the W-series machines.
I have a W520.

_full.jpg

Aww yiss, now the phone feels properly chunky in my hand. I really didn't like the thin and slippery feel of the bare phone, now I get a much better grip from it.

And it looks awesome too, the black phone with the white back...makes me feel all stormtroopery.

170W probably around 120USD if not more when new. Good luck finding genuine ones on ebay and similar. I picked up my second 65W adapter for 30AUD iirc (retails for ~90 typically)

Yeah, they're expensive. Was lucky to snag it on an amazon sale.

_full.jpg

Aww yiss, now the phone feels properly chunky in my hand. I really didn't like the thin and slippery feel of the bare phone, now I get a much better grip from it.

And it looks awesome too, the black phone with the white back...makes me feel all stormtroopery.

I've been looking at Spigen cases for a while, they look nice.

_full.jpg

I love the SlimArmor case on my iPhone5. I thought the iPhone5 was too thin and this case brought it up to my perfect size.

Local Conrad pulled an Amazon and deliverd item in a box 5x too large. But hey, at least now I have packing airbags for days!

Also, my mic arm arrived.