The "New Toys" Thread

Good results there, those are nice SSDs for the price.

Your 2500k still stock? Open it up a bit, those things you can usually do 3.6 - 4.0 with nothing more than a multiplier change.

Yeah the price has severely dropped for SSDs since I first built this machine. Back when I built it, the SATA II (FFS, how did I not see this before) SSD for 120 GB was $220. I got the new SSD for $95.

The CPU is still stock yes, but I could definitely boost it considering I don't have the stock heatsink/fan setup and I just redid the thermal paste not that long ago.

I think I'm gonna do that with my 2500k, have to push the H60 a bit!

Do it!

Do it! 2500ks are forgiving and easy to overclock. Just go bump your multiplier up by 1 until it won't boot, then bump it down 2 and run a stress test, done. My 2600k could do 3.9 on stock voltage.

Well I noticed since I turned the Windows power plan to high performance(in 7 and 8.1) the Turbo mode is always enabled, so it's almost always at 3.7. And in games it hovers at around 51C.

On an H60? What thermal compound? That's a little high.

My tablet is a shiny touch screen and gets fingerprints all over it :dunno:

I feel like they show up more on a matte screen than a gloss screen for some reason?

if its a matte touchscreen, i have to assume it has an anti-fingerprint coating.

Of course, matte is a texture, so over time, high traffis areas will start to show signs of glossiness...probably a loooong time, but eventually...

They will show up easily on many anti-glare screens...but that's not a touch screen.

I bought an AMD R9 270x. It seems pretty good. GTA V can now play at 1080 and moderate settings.

A second fridge for beer and beverages. My fridge in the kitchen is always loaded with drinks and stuff and I decided to get an extra fridge just to get more space for food. The new one will be put into the utility room, where I have the space.

71XgagbyZLL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent idea, I have one in the garage aswell, filled only with booze :mrgreen:

uploadfromtaptalk1431843163511.jpg

Also 130 liters? And a Miele one... you are a brand whore, I presume? :p

My inlaws weren't using it so they offered it to me for free. I didn't mind it being a Miele at that price

I primarily use it with pen input. Palmprints are the issue, but with how bright the screen is, isn't really an issue, plus the screen tends to be decently warm, so it's easy to wipe clean.

The matte touschreen on my new car (the edge) is really infuriating. It picks up fingerprints so easily.

Maybe I should get a capacitive stylus for it. That's probably a good idea.