New iPods (June 28, 2005)

evoWALO

All iPod & U2 Special Edition iPods are in color. iPod shuffle 1GB gets a price cut too. New pricing is as follows.

iPod 20GB = $299
iPod 60GB = $399
iPod U2 Edition 20GB = $329
iPod Shuffle 1GB is now $129 from $149.

Expect the old stock to be sold at a discount.

so it's about time to get the old model :p

i paid in total 3440 HKD for my 3rd gen ipod, i've had 8 now =D

edit, i dont quite get pod casting..is it radio? someone pelase explain

jasonchiu said:
i paid in total 3440 HKD for my 3rd gen ipod, i've had 8 now =D

edit, i dont quite get pod casting..is it radio? someone pelase explain
podcasting is pretty much downloading a radio program and listening it offline on your MP3 player.

Am leaning on the 20GB model cause of the price though the $100 difference makes it tempting even though I could get a 3.5" 200GB PATA HDD for the same price.

ipod are worth the money, the customer service is brillient. u buy one, u can get them replaced as many times as u need.

but consider sony's ones, much smaller

jasonchiu said:
ipod are worth the money, the customer service is brillient. u buy one, u can get them replaced as many times as u need.

That depends on where you by them. I have read several times in danish newspapers that people are complaining about rubbish customer service and no replacement when it brakes :thumbsdown:

evoWALO said:
i like sony but they have this hangup with ATRAC or something or rather. Being forced to convert files sucks,.

They stopped that... All their stuff does aac and mp3 as well now...

Buba

mgkdk said:
jasonchiu said:

That depends on where you by them. I have read several times in danish newspapers that people are complaining about rubbish customer service and no replacement when it brakes :thumbsdown:

really? when i stratch my a bit or badly, i hold it in my palm and do a top spin shot in to the cupboard and the HD fails so they have to replace it.

or you complain bout the battery life or your songs keep disappearing.

jasonchiu said:
mgkdk said:
jasonchiu said:

really? when i stratch my a bit or badly, i hold it in my palm and do a top spin shot in to the cupboard and the HD fails so they have to replace it.

or you complain bout the battery life or your songs keep disappearing.

Jep, I read about it a couple of weeks ago. In Denmark you have 2 years right to claim compensation for defective product, but they just say that it is normal wear and tear, or that you caused it, and then you have to pay yourself.

aw... i just replaced my 3rd gen last week!! FUCK!!!

i am really regretting this...

why replace your 3rd gen... I'm sticking with it until my Apple care protection plan finishes and my iPod dies... I don't like the latest scroll wheel at all, I tried using my bro's 4gb iPod for a week and having that click sound everytime you do something was just annoying

andyhui01 said:
why replace your 3rd gen... I'm sticking with it until my Apple care protection plan finishes and my iPod dies... I don't like the latest scroll wheel at all, I tried using my bro's 4gb iPod for a week and having that click sound everytime you do something was just annoying

cant u turn it off?

20 is 2400

go to appleclub.com.hk

even when u buy it from a non retail shop the price diff isnt alot.