Strange problem with Logitech MX700

Janus

As the title states this is kinda of a strange problem and hard to describe well.

My friends mouse MX700 won't double click on anything on the desktop or task bar.

The mouse moves around fine, you can right click on an icon on the desktop and then left click on open and it will work, you can left click on an icon once and then again and it will allow you to rename it.

But nothing I do will alow you to double click the icons to open them!

I've plugged an old USB mouse in and that works fine, so am using that for now.

I've tried uninstalling the Logitech mouse software, running it without it, reinstalling it. I've also tried checking all the setting, reconnecting the mouse with the "connect" buttons, checking the Windows mouse settings and always get the same result.

Does anybody have any idea what the hell is going on? Or how I can fix it?

If I have explained the situation poorly and anybody need clarification please let me know.

Hmm, I had a prob with my mx700 a while ago, but that was completly different. Isn't there a setting that determines the doubleclick duration?

Just write Logitech, you have 5 years warranty for it. I had to cut the usb wire and send it in together with the battery cover of the mouse, and a new one was in the mail a week later...

click on it with shift or control pressed in. Try doing that a couple of times. Sometimes, I get the same (with any mouse) , that when you click on something while you press ctrl or shift (don't know what it is), it somehow inverts double clicking and single clicking.

I can be wrong, but it helped me several times.

Buba said:
Hmm, I had a prob with my mx700 a while ago, but that was completly different. Isn't there a setting that determines the doubleclick duration?

Just write Logitech, you have 5 years warranty for it. I had to cut the usb wire and send it in together with the battery cover of the mouse, and a new one was in the mail a week later...

Yeah, I've tried all the double click setting and tested it on their little click here and watch the animated door open and close, or whatever it is. :p

Cut the USB cable and send the battery cover? WTF? :?

Janus said:
Cut the USB cable and send the battery cover? WTF? :?

Yeah, they told me to... Anyway, at my end the problem was the "docking station" and now I have to perfectly fine MX700 mice, but only one docking station. I use the older one as a recharger... Because there were off course new batteries in the new mx 700 pack...

Just write them a email and tell them the problem, Logitech has one of the best support and warrenty on the Planet... They sent me new pedals for my whel just because I told them mine were acting out a bit...
Logitech forever! I wouldn't buy aynthiong else... They should make cars...!

jensked said:
my trick didn't work?

I haven't had a chance to talk to my friend yet, but when I do I will tell her to give that a try.

I have submitted the problem to the Logitech support area, just waiting for my response, which they say will be within 24 hours. :thumbsup:

Buba said:
I had to cut the usb wire and send it in together with the battery cover of the mouse, and a new one was in the mail a week later...

I guess they do that so it can't be resold or anything... I had a problem with my speakers, and got new ones sent out by them... they didn't make me send the old ones back though. :D Only thing that was wrong with them was that there was some static when you were adjusting the volume. Another thumbs up for Logitech customer support. :thumbsup:

Related to your mouse issue... I sometimes have a problem when I left click on the desktop, the right click menu comes up... it keeps on doing that until I right click, and then everything goes back to normal. Weird.

Actually, another thought... I'm going to assume they're running windows... if you have an explorer window open, can you double click on folders and items there? Or is it only on the desktop that the problem occurs?

i had the issue of not being able to click forward or back

i relised it was the updates software which stopped me from doing that

so i went back to a more older version of there software and it worked fine

Windows update shit? Yeah, tell me about it.
I updated my system before I left to a LAN Party in summer. Once I booted it up on the LAN, the system was partially english. Even some tabs were english, and the tab next to them was german again... :bangin:

Buba