What's your mobile phone history?

so i first had

4133.jpg

^Motorola 3160

img

^Motorola C210 which i had for exactly 2 days because of the biggest leap in cell phone history

motorolav3_black.jpg

^Motorola RAZR V3 that phone was win encapsulated in a cell phone rolled it for 2 years and i got a couple of weeks back (and regretting it)

http://img135.imageshack.**/img135/4101/sonyericssonw3801mu5.jpg

I also had a RAZR V3, served me well for 2+ years, only thing that went wrong was the battery. I managed to get the Java App Loader unlocked and had sooooooooooo many games on it. (even coded my own app for a school project)

Now have a BlackJack II, decent phone but build quality leaves a bit to be desired.

First, got it when I started secondary school.
phil-diga.jpg

The network this labeled me as being on, was 'BT Cellnet', which was renamed to 'O2' 3 years before I got it. It was slow, crap, never broke no matter what we did with it, and the SIM card was the size of a credit card. I didn't miss it.

My first proper phone, and I loved it, for a bit. My transition to Orange, on a contract.
SPV C500
orange-spv-c500.jpg

It had a very nice screen and a great windows mobile system, but the camera was pretty bad. Overall a good, nicely sized smartphone. Not the best, but it served me until it stopped sending or receiving texts.

Bought SIM free to replace the SPV, and frankly my favourite phone so far.
Nokia 6680
nokia_6680_1.jpg

I don't ask much of a phone - only to call, text and take photos/videos on the go. This did all of that. It was nice and chunky, a good size and very easy to use. The camera was pretty good and quick, if bad quality, but I wasn't expecting much. This one faced a catastrophic complete random electrical failure. It doesn't turn on, but I still have it in my man-drawer. :p

A temporary, and quite bad replacement.
Nokia 6600
nokia_6600.jpg

Pretty poor.

My current phone.
Samsung D900
samsung-d900-mobile-phone.jpg

Inherited from my sister. A fine phone in every way, but the camera is epically slow and can give infinite amounts of blur on the brightest of days. However I believe the battery is beginning to die.

That's 5 phones in 6 years. And I never change them due to style, they've all gone due to failure of some kind.

Last edited:
I've never been too interested in phones but I do like PDAs and the idea of internet connectivity + communicating online on the move...

Nokia 3210
Nokia%203210%20Ebay.jpg

Sony Ericsson K300i
SonyEricssonk300i.jpg

Dopod D600 (HTC P3400) I like it and I've used it a lot. Some people hate WM. I like the apps :)
dopod-d600-1.jpg

My next phone will be a faster Windows Mobile phone or an Android phone..

Back at the end of 2001, I had this:

siemens_clip_image002.jpg

Nearly two years later, I couldn't stand it and got this, which was a bit adorable for me:

nokia_3100_blau.jpg

Then I got this cuz i needed to hear some music and so on:

nokia-6600.jpg

And now I settled with this, and currently i don't need more than that:

nokia-n73-music-edition.jpg

Some people hate WM. I like the apps :)

Precisely, I have a WM phone and the UI is quite terrible (except for the text message interface in 6.1, which I like), but it's fairly powerful and third party app support is good. Nothing is locked down; I can access the windows files from the file browser and even found an overclocking app (that promptly crashed the phone if I went over 230 MHz from 223).

Nokia 3210 - STOLEN
Nokia 3310 - STOLEN
Nokia 5210 - Not stolen, but shut down when flexed, probably a bad connection or something, still have it.
Imate jam (HTC Magician) - STOLEN
Imate Jamin (HTC Prophet) - not stolen YET...

The moral is, if you live in Spain, keep your mobile in your hands, if it is anywhere else it will be STOLEN.

First I had a Nokia 3315.

nokia-3315.jpg

Then I got a SE 508i

sonyericsson-k508i.gif

Then I upgraded to a SE 750i

sony_ericsson_k750i.jpg

And now I have a SE W980i

se-w980-01.jpg

i think my 1st phone was a motorola flare, im not sure how its actually spelt but damn it was big lol

im using the sony ericsson xperia atm with no issues

so far

Damn, I went thru way too many phones to remember them all. But what I can try to do is remember the highlights of all the phones I had.

First Phone - It was some SprintPCS crap if I recall correctly, I want to say Qualcomm. Then it was an Ericsson.

First Phone I love:
33662-motorola_startac.jpg

I had this baby with both Sprint and then with Pacbell. It was so cool as it made me look like some business man, that I was not =(
I went thru the version on the picture and then ended with the Sliver one, I cant recall the model number or find a picture of it.

Then it was a bunch of Nokia Candy Bar phones, none I really remember or want to. Also Had a Ericsson T phone in the mix, that I recall was very cool but crashed all the time.

Then came my epic love, Nokia 6820
6820_312x312.jpg

It had a keyboard! It was what sent me off in the path of smart phones
After dropping this in some water, I finally felt I needed a grown mans phone and got.

treo-650.gif

Yup, A Palm Treo 650. It was a great phone, tho, like many Palms of the time it had issue of just crashing if you tried to to anything it did not like. Also I hack the crap out of it near the end of its life.
It ended up dying because of the job I had at the time I could not take phones in to work, so I would leave it in the car. Well one hot day I came out and the keyboard stopped working. And because of the hacks warranty was dead and trying to fix it myself caused it more harm. Its now sits in my desk.

So I got the next Palm, the 750v
palm_treo_750_wm6.jpg

and it was built great but the OS was crap. You would always run out of memory, and, worst because ATT had not rolled out HSPDA your speeds where limited unless you hacked it. I still have this phone as backup and with MinMo6 its a lot better but it did not last long as I got

iPhone 2G (Everyone knows how this looks).
Yeah i waited in line, and yeah I was going from 3G to 2G but it was just a better phone then anything on the market.

iPhone 3G
Also I waited in line (this time with a friend tho), and is the best phone one of the best phone i have ever had (short of the Nokia 6820)

First three phones we had were my parents that I shared with them. The first one was some phone from verizon. Then we switched to T-Mobile and got a Nokia. Then we upgraded to a new Nokia. I hate to say this in front of all the Nokia fans in this thread but they were the worst phones I ever owned in my life. Signal was garbage and the GUI was horrid. Then I got my first phone:

Motorola V300 - T-Mobile
v300.gif

It had an unfortunate accident the first day with some water and as a result the 7 button, most vital where I live broke. Fortunately I had all the numbers I needed.

Motorola V550 - Cingular
9281_MotImage.jpg

Loved this phone so much until it was time for an upgrade. I then got the:

Motorola Pebl - Cingular
motorola_pebl.jpg

It had a unique folding mechanism where you had to push down in order to open it. It would open automatically at that point though. Again it was a great phone and that was when I learned how to put themes on my motorola phone. I thought it was the coolest thing. I then made a big jump, being an Apple fan boy to the:

iPhone (4G) - AT&T
iphone-2g.png

It was the best phone I ever owned up to that point. I loved the Jailbreak scene and having custom apps. I even got it signed by Diggnation's Kevin Rose and Alex Albrecht. But one day I took it out of my pocket and the touch screen was unresponsive. I would have gotten it replaced but I would have lost the autographs. So I upgraded to my current phone.

iPhone 3G (8G) - AT&T (Current)
apple-iphone-3g-black.jpg

Love this phone only because you were still able to jailbreak it. I don't think I will upgrade to the iPhone 3GS because most of the features that are on the iPhone 3GS I have already and more.

Nokia 3310
65611-Nokia_3310.jpg

Motorola V525
Motorola_V525.jpg

Motorola SLVR (L7)
3060000000051638.JPG

Current: Nokia 6300
Nokia-6300-cell-phone-beijing-show-1.jpg

My first with Cingular:
https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/02/24/5110400.jpg

then my 2nd with Cingular which broke 20 different ways all the while being babied the whole time I had it:
Motorola%20T720%20Pic.jpg

Then on to Verizon :):
lg-vx8100-vzw.jpg

Then this sexy phone which I may go back to:
lg_vx8600.jpg

And finally this piece of crap:
lg_dare.jpeg

My first was a used beatenup
telit GM210
product-63566.jpg

which while shitty was build like a goddamn tank, after that i got a
motorola T192
motorola-t192-lite.jpg

(that crashed if the games got a score higher than 65k), a couple of years later a
nokia 3510i
nokia3510i.jpg

(which started to go bonkers after receiving MMS), then a
nec e353
NEC_e353.jpg

(which was prolly refurbished since the battery loved to go flat after a couple of calls) succeded by a
Sonyericcson z610i
z610i_product_quality_image_1.png

(which is now used by my mother) and then last december i found this poor soul, alone, crying to be adopted,
a motorola q9h
motorola_q9.jpg

Last edited:
Can't remember exact order, but here goes.

First phone:

Nokia_3210.jpg

Then, ended up getting this:

TACV.jpg

Afterwards, went to this:

IMG00037.jpg

Then this:

sonyericsson_k508i_3.jpg

After, went on a contract and got this:

motorola-razr-v-cellular-phone-0.jpg

But then got this:

w550i.jpg

And then traded it in for my current phone:

samsung-i600-00.jpg

And now I have bought this:

Touch_Diamond_People.jpg

Second hand, and got it for a good price.

Last edited:
Get the HTC Touch Pro. Has a full touchscreen and a QWERTY keyboard that slides out.

htc-touch-pro.jpg

Far too expensive though, and I just want a phone right now to use till WM7 is released. I'm buying second hand.

My main needs are wifi, outlook sync, comprehensive calendar/task list, etc. In short, I want another WM phone. Not a fan of Symbian, and I'm going got wait till Android matures a bit more before getting an Android device.

Well, I have the diamond and typing on the virtual keyboard with the stylus is a sinch. No problems for me.